• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Projectil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well ooh-la-la Mr. Frenchie :p
Anyway, what you wanna do is, in Object Editor, go down to "Combat - Attack 1/2 - Projectile Art", and select the model you want to use as your projectile, in this case Units/Pandaren, and you'll also wanna change "Combat - Attack 1/2 - Weapon Type" to "Missile".
If you wanna scale the model, you gotta edit it and scale it down yourself. You use a 3D Editing app for this. Or La Editing appe, as you french would say. You can use one of commercially avaliable applications, or if you only wanna scale it down, you can probably get the one outta the tools section on this site.
And I think you mean "projectile". When we put an "e" at the end of our words we pronounce them.
Sorry mate, just had to take the piss outta ya. :D Don't take any offence of it.

Level 5
i know my english is not very good ^^. i don't have realy understand what you have said :oops: can you give me more detail ^^ please . Someone can help me for create the model please :?:

Level 6
xamaro said:
i know my english is not very good ^^. i don't have realy understand what you have said :oops: can you give me more detail ^^ please . Someone can help me for create the model please :?:
To turn a unit into a projectile,you simply need to create a custom unit and then apply a projectile model.There you have it.

Level 2
You're French, right?

J'ai utilisé un traducteur, mais vous devriez avoir l'idée.
Ce que vous devez faire doit changer l'art de projectile d'attaque en unité que vous voulez employer en tant que votre projectile.

pandaev3.gif

Level 5
thank ! i know , but i don't know how to change the pandaren model for make smaller in an editor for the models , this is my problem

Ps: your french is very good ^^ lol

Level 2
Yeah, that translator is great. :D

If you want to scale the model you need to use a modelling program. Proffesional 3D Programs are expensive but you should be able to use the free one off this site.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/files/downloads.php?ID=100&l=6
Alternatively, if you're ok with using the model size that comes with war3 and simply wants to have a bigger panda shooting the normal panda you can go to "Art - Scale Projectiles" and switch it to "false". That should give you a big panda shooting a little panda. I've never actually tried that myself, though, but it should work. :p

Level 5
thank for warcraft 3 model edtior but i can't edit the propreties of my model , why ?

Level 10
xamaro said:
thank for warcraft 3 model edtior but i can't edit the propreties of my model , why ?
Well, I don't know, what exactly you want to do in the properties, but if you go into the Model editor window, select all, then go to the move menu. There should be something like scale, what should do your job I think... sorry I don't have it all in mind at the moment.

Level 6
xamaro said:
Speaking of THe Model Editor,it's not working at me.Can somebody tell the creator to fix it?

Back to the topic:It's a correct way.

Level 5
Thank for your patient help :wink: , yes i have wc3viewer and war3modeleditor working on my machine

Level 10
Well, this turned out much more difficult than I hoped and I had to experiment for some hours. I hope you understand the following, if not ask as precisely as possible! :wink:

Part 1: extracting the model (can also be done using the model editor, but I prefer war3viewer somehow)
-open war3viewer
-open the mpq the model is located in (in case of the pandaren war3x.mpq in the war3 folder)
-find the model of your choice in the structure window (make sure it's in MDX-Mode). If you don't find it and need the path, go to object editor and look at the custom path part of the model file. Then you still have to guess the mpq, though.
-right click the model in the structure tree and choose "extract MDX". Save it where you want it to save.
-close war3viewer

Part 2: Scaling of the model
-open War3 Model Editor and open your extracted file (over the file menu), in our example PandarenBrewmaster.mdx
-go to menu Windows and open the model editor
-go to menu Selection und choose "Select all"
-go to menu Transformations and choose "Scaling"
-enter the scaling value you want to use in the different axises. For proportional scaling, use three times the same value of course. In our example, we want to scale down the pandaren, to let's say scaling 50 percent of its original size so we enter 0.5 as X-, Y- and Z-Scaling.
-Make sure the pivot point is 0,0,0 and the centre of scaling set to "use pivot point"
-if you save, import and try out the model now, you'll maybe see that the animations behave kind of weird, if not, you're lucky and can skip the next part

Part 3: Additional edits
-find an animation in which the model is invisible at the end using the animation controller (menu windows), in our pandaren example "Spell throw" does that job
-open the sequence manager using menu Windows
-double click your animation, in our case spell throw and copy the value at "To:"; click OK
-remove all animations and create a new one called "stand" with right click; leave all options as they are
-create a new animation called "death" but in this case insert the copied value in "To:". Also enter 10000 as "Move Speed" and activate "non looping"
-if there are parts of the model visible you don't want to be visible (e.g. team glow), select them in the model editor (team glow are mostly only big planes) and scale them to 0
-to remove these speed lines you only see ingame when the model is moving, open the Node Manager and there remove all "ribbon emitters" with rightclick and remove (they have a red symbol and are always included in a bone)
-close the model editor and in the main window go to the file menu "Save as" to save the edited (scaled) model

Now you can import it in the WE and test as missile. To have an explosion or something like that at the end, I recommend just to trigger it using a special effect.

Level 5
thank for this VERY GOOD tutorial !!! But my pandaren is very strange when he walk ... etc the skin is to big for him ?

pandaxq7.png

Level 6
Waldbär said:
No, you better should learn it for your own.
Do you have wc3viewer und war3modeleditor working on your machine?
If not, download them from the tools section and when you're ready, post again and I'll give you a step by step tutorial. :wink:
I have War3Viewer,but it says that War3ModelEditor program corrupted and it also says that"Make sure you applied the correct patch".What patch?Who ever created this Editor must recreat it,for my safety.I have cracked the game,but it says this error.I think the"one" must make it workable for any versions of the game and the World Editor and WEU.

Someone wrote:Tu parler tres bon francais,mais quelques homme n'a pas parler.Tu connais tres bon le jeu.C'est superbe,magnifique et fantastique,mais sa monde editeur n'a pas un beau "Import Manager"!Mais mon editeur est vite et a beaucoup des secrets!Message ended!

Level 10
Waldbär said:
Part 2
-if you save, import and try out the model now, you'll maybe see that the animations behave kind of weird, if not, you're lucky and can skip the next part

That's what I meant when I said the above. If this problem had not occured, I'd have submitted this also to the tutorials section.
It just acts this weird when it's animated though. If you want to use it as projectile, this is not that necessary, I thought, so I explained in Part 3 how to remove all animations and make it work without them. Not that nice, of course, but repairing the animations won't be possible with freeware as far as I know.
The problem was new to me, too - when I edited a tree model for my campaign, everything worked well with scaling, including the animations... no idea why this occurs, sorry. :(

Reinhold said:
I have War3Viewer,but it says that War3ModelEditor program corrupted and it also says that"Make sure you applied the correct patch".What patch?Who ever created this Editor must recreat it,for my safety.I have cracked the game,but it says this error.I think the"one" must make it workable for any versions of the game and the World Editor and WEU.
Well, the program is no spyware or something like that I think - if you don't trust it, you can't use it, but that's your problem. And you should always have the latest war3 patch installed, which is 1.20e at the moment. And concerning your cracking: Not sure if I understood it correctly, but why should a cracked application be supported in any way? Cracking is always at your own risk.

Level 5
Ok i have made what you told me ^^ but i don't know what trigger i need To have an explosion or something like that at the end . Can you give me this trigger ? please :)

Level 10
Well, if the attacking unit is just able to attack units, it should work like this:

Event
-Generic unit event - unit gets damaged
Actions
-Create Special effect on damaged unit attached to origin using model chooseModel

To get it leakfree, copy the SFX-action to an empty trigger, convert it to custom text, copy the second line beginning after the call (should be a "call CreateEffect(...)" or something like that in this line).
Now replace the old CreateSpecialEffect action with a CustomScript action constructed like this:
call DestroyEffect( insert copied text here ). Done.

Level 6
Waldbär said:
Waldbär said:
Part 2

That's what I meant when I said the above. If this problem had not occured, I'd have submitted this also to the tutorials section.
It just acts this weird when it's animated though. If you want to use it as projectile, this is not that necessary, I thought, so I explained in Part 3 how to remove all animations and make it work without them. Not that nice, of course, but repairing the animations won't be possible with freeware as far as I know.
The problem was new to me, too - when I edited a tree model for my campaign, everything worked well with scaling, including the animations... no idea why this occurs, sorry. :(

Reinhold said:
Well, the program is no spyware or something like that I think - if you don't trust it, you can't use it, but that's your problem. And you should always have the latest war3 patch installed, which is 1.20e at the moment. And concerning your cracking: Not sure if I understood it correctly, but why should a cracked application be supported in any way? Cracking is always at your own risk.
I have a greather patch than yours.But it says that it doesn't need patching.Strange.

Level 6
Werewulf said:
yeah... i hate it how magos' editor thingy needs patch.mpq... so i suggest you update..yes....

/me plots..
Remove this sign or I'll get real mad.
Back to the topic:Magos'Editor also doesn't work at my computer.

Level 6
Werewulf said:
go ahead.
get angry.
its not like your the only one that can get angry :p

and whats sign?..you mean my sig or /me?

wtf

omg now my sig is tiny, you made it shrink omg..
You sig,of course.

Level 10
You can't animate the scaled model completely new. You should be able to add particles and maybe make an explosion of them. But I doubt that it is possible to animate them just during the death animation when you need them... well, I'm new to modeling, too, sorry. :wink:

@Reinhold&Werewulf: I doubt that this will affect anything, but it's worth a try: If you don't want to say anything related to the topic, just shut up please [refers to your last three posts in this topic].
:roll:

Level 6
Werewulf said:
also i suggest you read the tuts and get yobguls converter.

(this isnt an animation tool, just vertex modifeir)
Vertex program is very confusing,but you'll understand slowly.
Back to out problem:I warn you Werewulf,remove that sig.It makes me angry.And don't smile.You smile,because "werewolf's" don't know the word "danger".So remove it or "the werewolf won't live another day"(expression).

Status
Not open for further replies.