• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to gather a team for this major project of mine (my first ever project) so I would need a lot of help..

Basically the idea is caught around a young policeman is in duty line, (the game starts as everything normal) then suddenly while he is returning a convict to the station he find the whole station in complete chaos where strange and bizarre crimes are reported to happen in a specific part of the city, the police sends a task force there (doesn't include you) but there was no feedback, afterwards they send another larger task force (which you squeeze in it un officially as your buddy is there, so for the start of the game you won't be the center of the game) you find that in this part people are acting strangely and aren't normal an little by little you see weird changes on the people, you separate from the force trying to initiate your own line of investigation (when you disagree with the leader of the task force and your buddy is sent to keep an eye over you in this mayhem) you start digging around till you find that this whole disaster isn't just co-incidence that the crimes order and methods are reflecting something, as time moves on the chaos spreads through the city so the army is sent to quarantine the area for the time being.

Later as things happen in the game then you will discover that the main head driving all this madness is someone close to you and you know very well (i will just keep it to that now) with some help you can restore order once more or you can't (that is left entirely for the player to decide which path he wants to go in)

Features and Game Systematic:

1- different types of weaponry.
2- Ammo based weapons.
3- A whole map based on custom model and so on..
4- Campaign maps which display different parts of the city and different features.
5- NO abilities nor mana (in modern life no one has mana iirc) rather you gain your abilities throw your items like if you pick up a grenade you will gain an ability to throw it and that number of usage is limited to the number of grenades you find.
6- An inventory system to hold more than 6 items.
7- A place to treat your wounds (a hospital)
8- on the move Medication system (syringes and shots)
9- Interactive ability between NPCs and the player so the player doesn't feel lonely (he can radio the station for help or radio the task force sent to ask for info or aid).
10- A dramatically concept add to the map to make the players immersed in the game more and more as they advance into it.
11-Environment plays a huge role in puzzle solving…
12-Music and narrations.
13-Interaction between environment and player (using the environment not only to solve puzzles but as well to help you in the fight)

To this point I can manage making the triggers and I can mange as well making the systems mentioned above (except maybe the environment part, as me and the team will discuss how it is going to be done, and as such I will see what I can do).

Basically what the team should consist of the following:

1- Triggerer (I can manage almost all of it, if I come to a boulder in my path I think I will then ask for help in the forums, but all in all I can mange it)
2- Skinner (Need a skinner who can make modern life skins)
3- Terrainer (Need a trainner that can make a city)
4- Modeler (As I can model in 3d studio max I can make almost anything required for the project with the few exceptions of organic modeling)
5- Narrators (Need narrators for the game characters, but as the map isn't finished yet then we don't require them at this point)
6- Manager (that would be me and the whole team)
7- Testers (once the project is completely done we will require testers)

If you are willing to join and help me in this project please answer the following (and provide a sample at least representing the work you are applying for):

1- Do you have MSN/yahoo account and willing to be contacted at all times on them? (or e-mails)

2- What is your country's time zone ?

3- Do you want to change any ideas from the above or are you agreeing to everything that is laid before you? (if yes please state the changes and what to change)

4- Exactly when are you planning to work on the project ? (basically the work hours how much they are and when is your free time?)

5- Are you working now on any other projects ? (If yes state them please.)

Thank you everyone and happy Modding..

Level 5
Let me inform you on something around here. This may sound cruel but you'll probably have no luck finding anyone for this project. People don't like to join a team from a fairly new guy who hasn't done any previous projects as they usually turn out to just die and move painfully slow, this mightn't happen to this but its a large generalization. They would also rather use their skills for people who have experience and have worked on projects before.

My suggestion is: join another team, learn from them and get something down on the resume or try to make a more simple style campaign or map on your own and if you get stuck you can ask for guidance or maybe someone can do a trigger or two for you if your really stuck.

Level 4
Thank you for informing me (was wondering why no one replied to my previous project idea, thought it was a bad one).

Well the project is here, if someone wants to join he is welcome, if not, i will probably do as you say and join another project's team..

Level 2
Hey, i was reading this and i was thinking (because im kinda new to map making) that maybe we could join together on some project. It could be this map, but if we have two new people doing a map of this size, it MAY be a little difficult.

Right now, the best thing that im best at is Cinematics and maybe writing a story or two. If you want me to help, then just ask. you can contact me at [email protected] if you dont wanna post in the thread or sumthing.

Just say sumthing if you wanna team up or anything like that.

Level 4
I think teaming up would be great, i need all the help i can get.

Cinematic well it is early to talk about that now, but since you are goof at writing stories, do you have any comments on the one that i just posted?

If you want a more detailed version than this to see more about the story tell me and i will mail it to you..

Thank you for replying

Level 5
Well I hope this goes well for you both. Good luck and hopefully I'll get to see something you've made in the future :D

Level 15
I can do terrain for you, I think i am done with worms and 13L for now.
If you want to make a good story, make it in secretly with your team not public.

Last edited:
Level 4
Can't argue with that :), but i didn't reveal all the story elements yet, only me and Twilight..

If you want to join then you would be third, and i will send you a copy of the whole story and the specific terrain required.

So if you really want to join, simply all i need is a little info about yourself that is it and your e-mail of course so i can send you the story...

Thank you..

Level 4
It is alright :D CONGRATS and GL.

Still we need that terrainer and skinner ..

(Modern warfare skinner and terrainer btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.