• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] World of Starcraft (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is a full conversion Mod I am working on that will play as a RPG with a group of players. The Idea is to convert Starcraft 2 into a fully functioning 3rd person role-playing game set in the wonderful Starcraft Universe. It will be set in the style of a MORPG, with clever ways of maintaining an interactive persistent aspect regardless of it being limited to a finite amount of players. Data will be saved automatically and create a hassle-free persistance for the user.

This game will be released FREE under the Battle.net 2.0 Custom maps framework.

Website: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/smooth-3rd-person-movement/

(SCMapper) IRC: chat.freenode.net 6667 #sc2mapster

Bnet2.0: SCMapper.ebret

Email: [email protected]

This map will be playable with 1-12 players and will feature World PVP, PVE, and Social aspects. A total of 12 classes will be available, however players are limited to 6 characters each to keep things simple, and to make them think about what kind of classes they truly want to play.

Current Races: Terran, Zerg, Protoss

Current Planned Classes: Dark Templar

Videos:

Screenshots:

013.jpg.-m1.png

009.jpg.-m1.png

010.jpg.-m1.png

011.jpg.-m1.png

006.jpg.-m1.png

007.jpg.-m1.png

008.jpg.-m1.png

012.jpg.-m1.png

004.jpg.-m1.png

Level 2
Looks very promising =>
I hope that we'll see a playable build of it in the near future ;)
I would like to know if you make a hack'n'slay type of fighting or a "standard"-way of fighting?

Level 2
This game is playable with anywhere from 1-12 players, the combat system is being created from the ground up and will be real time where you need to be in range to attack, and cast abilities with action bars.

Level 9
holy damn, awesome work. Is this all done using GUI or are you using outside scripting?

Level 11
This game is playable with anywhere from 1-12 players, the combat system is being created from the ground up and will be real time where you need to be in range to attack, and cast abilities with action bars.
Why only 12 max players? You could have 14 and still have 2 neutrals.
holy damn, awesome work. Is this all done using GUI or are you using outside scripting?
He uses GUI, as indicated by the last screeny.

Level 2
Why only 12 max players? You could have 14 and still have 2 neutrals.
He uses GUI, as indicated by the last screeny.

It might drop below 12 or rise above it, 12 is my current placeholder value until I can get this thing into multi-player beta and see how the network handles each player. If Blizzard ever allows for an increased player size or connection to another server then I will definitely work to allow my map to fit within the new constraints with no lag.

Level 3
Well a lot of people have been talking about doing a starcraft mmo, and your the first I have seen to actually step up to the task... and by the looks of things you are doing a good job of it. You've started off right too, getting the character selection on the go.. impressive stuff

Level 8
This map will be playable with 1-12 players and will feature World PVP, PVE, and Social aspects.
[/HIDDEN]
I like the world pvp part:) especially if you are gonna do something special about it, not just saying that you can kill eachother if you encounter an enemy.

May i ask (havent checked it out myself yet)
can you make custom items in sc2? if so, will there feature items in your rpg?

btw, will there be "instanced" pvp? for example World of Warcrafts battlegrounds? would be a cool feature.

Level 3
A pvp idea could be having 2 command centres with a handful of harvesters that have to mine a specific amount of a rare mineral before evacuation, and it's each teams goal to kill off the harvesters (which get rebuilt of a certain time frame) to halt the enemy excavation while defending their own. A team wins by reaching the required amount of mineral.

Status
Not open for further replies.