• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Thread Creator v1.0.0.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This takes a folder with files in it and converts them into a thread.

To use, drag the folder on to the exe.
Files must be named -> ID SECTIONNAME.txt
Example -> 1 Hello There

The ID is the order the files will appear in the post

If a file is not properly named, it will not be included in the generation.

All bb code is normal except for images. To do an image.
url

The reason for this is because I wanted them to be formatted a certain way ^_^.

[b]Example[/b]
Folder: test

Contains files
1 Marionette.txt
2 Masquerade.txt
3 Solace.txt
4 Aptitude.txt

File Contents
[b]Marionette[/b]
[indent][plain]
The puppet master controlled the marionette with ease.
The marionette danced across the floor.

There were no strings, the marionette was alive.
[/plain][/indent]

[b]Masquerade[/b]
[indent][plain]
This is all a masquerade

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-blpIE6JL3bE/T9OsLymQn0I/AAAAAAAAFIE/eFrnhxK0OrI/s1600/masquerade.jpg
[/plain][/indent]

[b]Solace[/b]
[indent][plain]
I'll find solace in my solitude

[code=jass]
set x = 3
set y = 4
set z = 6
[/code]
[/plain][/indent]

[b]Aptitude[/b] (doesn't contain anything)
[indent][plain]
[/plain][/indent]

[b]Output[/b]
[point]Index[/point]
[box=""][size="2"]
[b]Index[/b][indent]
[goto="Marionette"]1. Marionette[/goto]
[goto="Masquerade"]2. Masquerade[/goto]
[goto="Solace"]3. Solace[/goto]
[goto="Aptitude"]4. Aptitude[/goto]
[/indent][/size][/box]

[point]Marionette[/point]
[b]Marionette[/b][box=""][size="2"][indent]
The puppet master controlled the marionette with ease.
The marionette danced across the floor.

There were no strings, the marionette was alive.
[/indent][right][size="1"][i][goto="Index"]Index[/goto][/i][/size][/right][/size][/box]

[point]Masquerade[/point]
[b]Masquerade[/b][box=""][size="2"][indent]
This is all a masquerade

[hr]1100[/hr]
[center][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-blpIE6JL3bE/T9OsLymQn0I/AAAAAAAAFIE/eFrnhxK0OrI/s1600/masquerade.jpg[/center]

[/indent] [/size][/box]

Solace

I'll find solace in my solitude

JASS:
set x = 3
set y = 4
set z = 6

Aptitude

Contents

Project Thread Creator v1.0.0.1 (Binary)

Reviews
17:03, 14th Jul 2012 Kwah: This tool doesn't seem to have a point. Is it really so much harder to cut and paste the interior of a text-file?

M

17:03, 14th Jul 2012
Kwah: This tool doesn't seem to have a point. Is it really so much harder to cut and paste the interior of a text-file?

This seems pretty awesome :D

Though why do images need the prefix before them?
Couldn't you detect whether it's an image by looping until you hit a space, and then looping backwards till you find the a '.' character, then check if the format is an image format? :p
I know it's a lot of work because there are just so many image formats, but it would be more convenient for the users ^_^

Level 31
Kwah: This tool doesn't seem to have a point. Is it really so much harder to cut and paste the interior of a text-file?

To do all of the formatting, yes.

Looks interesting, I can try this if I have sometime, does it only work for hiveworkshop? Or it have some specific bbcode that it follows? Well I believe this only work for hiveworkshop bb codes.

I'm updating it to work with pretty much any forum. Going to be turning it into a Windows Forums App. Allowing it to take character limits as well =).

Couldn't you detect whether it's an image by looping until you hit a space, and then looping backwards till you find the a '.' character, then check if the format is an image format? :p
I know it's a lot of work because there are just so many image formats, but it would be more convenient for the users ^_^

Not really worth all the time and effort it would take unless you want to list out all of the possible image format for me? I could do a dictionary and it'd be a pretty easy check ^_-.

edit
nvm, I can just rip from wikipedia ;D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_file_formats#Major_graphic_file_formats

edit
also @mod, clearly you don't know how long/annoying it is to do all of the formatting and manage a post that is 250,000 characters long. Also, update does have a GUI and everything, so many improvements ^_^.

Last edited: