• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Project Gaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this idea for a long time already, and eventually trying to give it form, but was lost in previous HDD's.

this scheme explains it:

165527-albums6053-picture74330.png

basically, i want to create a live ecosystem in a wc3 map. every animal has its own variables similar to those the players have. indicating hunger, eventual diseases (which may affect their meat), cold, partnership with other animal, he hunts for preys, he runs from predators. that sums it up.

(plants should have some variables as well)

maybe let the player play as an animal if he wants. and everytime he dies he might re-encarnate as something else.

time should be accelerated as well, so we have spring, summer, fall, winter. maybe even the moons can be simulated. they affect fishing, for instance.

the complexity might grow, but the parameter is: going user-friendly as it goes closer to the reality.

that's it. :]

Level 23
This idea is pretty similar to a map I was making last year (Wasn't finished). The map was like a survival map where you start out as a cave man and your objective is to progress until you reach the Space Age.

I think it would be pretty cool to add that to your idea. Still, your idea is already pretty awesome. I would gladly help you (or someone else) if you (or someone else) decide to start this project

i thought it was a live ecosystem map, not human transformation from cave man into modern man?
yes, rheiko got it right.

by "letting the ecosystem unroll" doesn't mean to feature civilizations development and such.

it's just a simulator of an ecosystem. with preys, predators, banding animals, etc. the big difference from other survivals is that animals will eventually hunt you as well. and hunt other animals. because they behave according to an A.I that will read many variables to simulate something that kinda looks like reality. you can even steal food from a predator, for instance.

but space age is far from my ambitions with it :3

ps: when i start i'll notify here and i'll be gladly accepting help :]

Status
Not open for further replies.