• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

problems with passive abilitied for items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I use items with many abilities. If 1 item has a casting ability everything's ok. However i want to make some items like:
(it is simple but i cant think of the way to fix it)

I make 1 plasma weapon. I use custom orb of fire for example to change the fireball with my missile. However even when using the data attack index : 2, if a paladin has this item he will attack from his real atatck range like ot can be 10 even if the ability is supposed to be 1000, seemingly the range of the passive doesnt work. I want to base the attack range on the item's ability. If 1 hero gets an item having an ability with high range (p.s searing arrows and autocast dont work on items) to attack with the high range even if it's real range is low.

If a hero with high range gets an item, the ability (lets say it;s 5 range) to make him attack close.

Suggestions for other abilities that can do that ?

Level 7
I need the range, barrage and phoenox fire dont change the range. Also item fire bonus can activate the attack 2 with its range only if im targeting an air unit no matter i use only ground target. Whether you target a building or ground unit, the attack is still like attack 1.

I would GLADLY use triggers if i knew the action for changing the range. But there is only change acquisition range and that doesnt help. So do i miss triggers that can do that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.