• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problems with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In my Hillsbrad Foothills map, an attempt to create a WoW type questing environment, I wanted the heros to gain much less experience per kill, so I used the following:
Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) heroes gain 5% experience from future kills
This seemed to work, and the purple experience bar rose much more slowly. However, when you mouse over it, a much larger number is shown that that represented by the bar. Any ideas on how to fix this? Can I change experience given by the monster or experience gained by the hero in the object editor?

In an earlier thread on this subject Beliar said "Under Gameplay Constants you have Exp Reduction Table... Change a few numbers you will see the diffrence I think."

I found about 26 different options for Hero XP gained, and have changed 'Hero constant factor' from 100 down to 5. I will see what this does. But if anyone actually KNOWS how these work and can direct me to the right one to change and how to change it, I'd be grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
There's an edit post button, use that to avoid double posting.

Anyways, "Creep Reduction Factor" is what you want to be messing with. It's for the % of experience that heroes gain at a certain level. For example, if you set the first value to 5, then heroes at level one will only gain 5% of the experience possible when it kills a unit. If you set the first value to 200 and the second to 0, heroes at level 1 will gain 200% experience per kill, and heroes at level 2 will gain none. You should note that if you don't have any number after a certain point (IE: you only have 5 numbers) then experience gain for levels after the last level you have will stay the same at that level. so if you have the first value as 100, the second as 90, the third as 80, and no fourth value, everything level 3 and higher will gain 80% experience from kills.

I'm not sure about "Hero Constant Factor", but you should be fine now anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.