• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with CD Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi everybody, I assume this is a common problem so I want to know if it's the same for everybody.

I sometimes use WC3 Reforged/Reforged Editor and the next time I try to use the OG WC3/Editor I get this:
cd key.jpg
And I have to log in to b.net every time through that window (even though I am logged in to b.net from the blizzard b.net app)

Does anybody know if it's possible to avoid this?

Because I often switch between OG editor and reforged editor In my attempt to fix my map

Level 2
I have a similar issue, however when I try to launch the game (either testing a world editor document or launching it from the b.net app) I am met with a "There was an error in handling the request" message. I looked into this on the official battle.net forums and blizzard's explanation was that my account does not own either classic or reforged. However I do not get this message prompt that you are seeing and I know for a fact my old CD keys work because I was playing classic days before reforged went live.

So even if you have CD keys from when you purchased the classic game, there's no guarantee it will work anyway is what I am getting from with all this. :goblin_cry: Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Level 12
I have the same problem, had to login Battle net everytime I restart my computer (or after some time passes, not sure which one). I also remember Blizzard were going to give keys to people who purchased Reforged but at this point I have no hope for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.