• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Problems With Battle Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well I Do know the cause of this problem which ruins this thread but not really every time when I need to move my files over like warcraft III They Get Corrupted by not as much but just you have to use world editor to enter a file It effect both types of maps and also I can't download the new patches I got 1.24e but Theres more updates which I need to install and I can't can someone tell me a way to fix it without reinstalling it because My cd got corrupted too due to someone leaving it out of the time (AKA My Step Dad) So Can someone give me their patch so I can get cooler stuff and fixes please...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Attach your CDkey to a battlenet account and download the full game for free from blizzard entertainment and reinstall it. Yes this is completly legal and Blizzard supports it 100% (the power of battlenet 2.0).

It is well possible that some files have become curropted due to reptitive moving and also your registry is probably also curropted for the game so the game does not know where it is properly (as you moved it).

Alternativly, try deleting the registry keys WC3 uses using regedit, that may work.

Level 5
Attach your CDkey to a battlenet account and download the full game for free from blizzard entertainment and reinstall it. Yes this is completly legal and Blizzard supports it 100% (the power of battlenet 2.0).

It is well possible that some files have become curropted due to reptitive moving and also your registry is probably also curropted for the game so the game does not know where it is properly (as you moved it).

Alternativly, try deleting the registry keys WC3 uses using regedit, that may work.

Well I need to go and borrow someones internet by asking because its 500 mb and I run on a wireless usb.

Level 3

If you just delete the registry keys the game will not be able to patch because it doesn't know where it is located. To make it patch you will have to create a new registry value.
To do this, go to your warcraft 3 registry key. For me it was located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment. Under the Warcraft III key, create a string value named "InstallPath" (without quotation marks). Then set the value of that string to your Warcraft III folder. For me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III.
This may also work if you moved your wc3 folder (if this value already exists just check that it's correct).

Level 3
I was sure the beta patch changed that... It should now generate the registry keys if not available.

All necessary keys except that one. I tested with the latest patch installed, it said prepatch failed so I had to create it manually.

Level 5
If you just delete the registry keys the game will not be able to patch because it doesn't know where it is located. To make it patch you will have to create a new registry value.
To do this, go to your warcraft 3 registry key. For me it was located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment. Under the Warcraft III key, create a string value named "InstallPath" (without quotation marks). Then set the value of that string to your Warcraft III folder. For me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III.
This may also work if you moved your wc3 folder (if this value already exists just check that it's correct).

I was sure the beta patch changed that... It should now generate the registry keys if not available.

All necessary keys except that one. I tested with the latest patch installed, it said prepatch failed so I had to create it manually.

Well you guys are correct but it didn't solve any part of my problem my warcraft III is corrupted, I don't like to download a new one from blizzard because then we would need more credit, if I try to do that it would automatic would be there aka registry keys and if I still try to download it would give me a error.

Level 21
I have patch 1.25 and my Battlenet is not working, but I did download the Blizzard version of the game and it still works regardless, but I would love Battlenet to play with other people.
I have it working as well, and I do have my CD keys still.

Level 3
I have patch 1.25 and my Battlenet is not working, but I did download the Blizzard version of the game and it still works regardless, but I would love Battlenet to play with other people.
I have it working as well, and I do have my CD keys still.

Any error message? Run as administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.