• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems whit 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Which campaigns to be precise? I tried Legends of Arkain and Darkness Returns, both works properly. I heard Curse of the Forsaken and Rise of the Blood Elves has some issues, but still playable in 1.30.

I can not play any campaign that I have ..... or Rise of the Blood Elves has some issues,
neither Arthas campaings.....

Level 2
You are being vague. If you're not going to tell us the details, exactly what happens, in what folder do you place the campaigns and so on, we won't be able to help you...
when going to the game folder, I did not have the campaign folder directly, I read in the forum of the game that had happened to many, that by just creating the folder themselves and putting their campaigns there they could play
The case is that for more than I do I can not, when entering the game to the personalized campaign tab I do not see anything

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
when going to the game folder, I did not have the campaign folder directly, I read in the forum of the game that had happened to many, that by just creating the folder themselves and putting their campaigns there they could play
Have you read what I've linked earlier?
C:/users/<your username>/Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns

C is the disk where your operating system is (e.g. Windows).

Level 2
in fact yes, I've read it and tried what I said and still nothing
Have you read what I've linked earlier?
C:/users/<your username>/Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns

C is the disk where your operating system is (e.g. Windows).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hmm, it's possible that the migration hasn't been made properly. Try uninstalling the game and installing it again and then move the campaigns there. Be sure that your game says 1.30 or newer on the lower right of the menu when you start the game. Do a backup of all your important game files, saves etc.
Be sure to register your CD-Keys after or pre-install. Also, have your game keys added to Battle.net if you haven't.

Level 2
Hmm, it's possible that the migration hasn't been made properly. Try uninstalling the game and installing it again and then move the campaigns there. Be sure that your game says 1.30 or newer on the lower right of the menu when you start the game. Do a backup of all your important game files, saves etc.
Be sure to register your CD-Keys after or pre-install. Also, have your game keys added to Battle.net if you haven't.

I'll see what I can do..... but I already install it like 3 times, and it does not work ....

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'll see what I can do..... but I already install it like 3 times, and it does not work ....
Uninstall the game, try deleting all Warcraft III registries in regedit and then do a fresh install.
Also did you do it like this?
The first time you run the game after patch 1.28, it will ask to run the game as an administrator to move your current data to these locations. Click Yes to start the game when prompted and begin the migration process. Once the migration is complete, you can run the game normally without it requiring administrator access.

Another test you could do is to download the PTR and see if you can see the custom campaigns with it:
1.30.3 PTR Notes

Level 2
Uninstall the game, try deleting all Warcraft III registries in regedit and then do a fresh install.
Also did you do it like this?
The first time you run the game after patch 1.28, it will ask to run the game as an administrator to move your current data to these locations. Click Yes to start the game when prompted and begin the migration process. Once the migration is complete, you can run the game normally without it requiring administrator access.

Another test you could do is to download the PTR and see if you can see the custom campaigns with it:
1.30.3 PTR Notes

when install version 1.30.4
is installed in the data folder D, try to copy and replace all the data in the folder in the source folder of warcrft that is in Roaming
even so until recently I was always asked to run the game as administrator ..... and only that, even when replacing the data run the launcher and put the option "repair" to update the game folders and nothing, it does not work

Level 28
when install version 1.30.4
is installed in the data folder D, try to copy and replace all the data in the folder in the source folder of warcrft that is in Roaming
even so until recently I was always asked to run the game as administrator ..... and only that, even when replacing the data run the launcher and put the option "repair" to update the game folders and nothing, it does not work
Hey, are you playing on Mac? If yes, then check this out.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Reinstall, not repair, through programs in control panel and then try deleting all Warcraft III registries in regedit. Afterward, do a clean/fresh game install.
Because 1.30 really sucks ass. Why not 1.29 below? :)
Because defaming without arguments is shit posting.

Level 2
Please link to a campaign that you think is not working.
Arthas Campaign - Orc
this campaign for example

Look, I have the 1.30.4 because every time I wanted to install any of the previous versions I downloaded that
It is not the one I wanted or the one I want, but I like the changes that you have ...
and I can not find a way to solve the problem, since everything has worked and nothing has worked .....
and the truth is that I have no idea what to do, I need real help ... because it is horrible to see such good jobs in campaigns that I have already played, and you know that I will not be able to prove your new work

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
this campaign for example
Works perfectly with 1.30.4. Appears in custom campaign list fine.

Please post the file path of where you are storing it. Anything sensitive can be redacted.

For example I placed it at...
C:\Users\*REDACTED*\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns

Then when I load up Warcraft III 1.30.4 it appears in the Single Player custom campaign list.

If it still does not appear in game, please post what language of Warcraft III you have installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.