• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems importing various models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, this sounds incredibly nooby but there are a few models im having a hard time importing, (they show as green cube).

Its rather strange because about a month ago the models were showing fine on various maps of mine, but now when i import, they wont show ;<.

will use 1 model as an example to give you guys a better idea:
Arthas/Nerzhul merge - Lich king Arthas - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

the nerzhul model, very well done but
using the CORRECT paths it refuses to show up in the editor on various maps i have tested AND in game, its just always the cube, or invisible (while in game) ;/.

The skin path im using (only 1, and it matches what GF says is the path)
NerzulHelmGray.blp

As i said this is happening with various models i have been using and its really starting to piss me off =(. Even when i try on other versions of WE, other maps etc etc, still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Level 9
I can't help my friend, I no longer import models because of unexplainable errors, crashes, and green cubes. Maybe I'm making mistakes or maybe the mighty Lord wants to punish us for our sins. I really really hope someone helps you, and you can succeed where I failed.

*HorizonTal, old and tired, walks away limping, slowly. The black tunic's hood covers his crying face.*

Level 2
Get the obvious out of the way >_> you are saving and closing WE after u import and change all the paths right? You shouldnt have to close WE, but atleast save.

Level 4
Get the obvious out of the way >_> you are saving and closing WE after u import and change all the paths right? You shouldnt have to close WE, but atleast save.

Considering he's been working with importing models for at least a month or so i think he's not gonna make this mistake. And i can relate to you with having problems importing the fear giant. Hold on though, ill go check and try to import this nerzul model. Alright so i just imported the model into two seperate maps and had no problems so I dont know what to say im sorry =\

Level 2
was just making sure =D

the model works fine for me, thats all.

Some problems for me, is when i test a map, all my imports become blank o_O
So i cant place any custom models on my map till i restart WE

Level 4
Ye man, i import change path, save then exit/load new map, then open again... and tada green cube.

Dunno wtf is happening tbh :S. It happens with that human knight awsome model too... cba to find it atm.

SO FRUSTRATING!! its always something ridiculus like this when i try and make maps xD.
I'll go back to mindlessly importing. checking. then deleting, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.