• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems Hypogryphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok.. heres my predicament... I have Heroes that can be upgraded into other heroes.. fine works great.. but im almost done with all of them. They morph fine and all the items transfer just as well.

The problem is.. I have an Archer Hero, who can be upgraded into a better archer hero. I want the better archer hero to be able to summon a hypogryph that she can mount and ride.

I have created a new hypogryph Unit type with a Mount Archer ability that I copied and changed the unit type to be mounted to my new archer hero. In-Game it still tells me it is unable to find a suitable unit.

Is this even possible? or will I need to create yet another hero and just have her morph into that hero temporarily that uses Hypogryph rider as it's model? I would really like to be able to mount though.. if it is at all possible please someone let me know. PLEASE!

-cliff

Level 2
Nevermind

I got it.. just had to create another unit type using same hero I used for the archer and change the movement type to fly and change the fly height to match the Hypogryph's normal fly height and the combat-targeted as to fly as well..

I really wouldve rather have been able to summon the hypo though.. so you could have a choice of riding it or using it to scout around and such.. but I guess i'll take what I can get

Status
Not open for further replies.