• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem with UTM models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey all...

ive got a strange problem with some models from the UTM.

sometimes i start the editor the framework roofs cant be displayed, sometime i try to put them in my map (setting the model to a doodadd in the editor works) the whole editor crashes, and sometimes i can place them in the map and everythings fine and when i start the editor again the roofs cant be displayed again.

also i have a problem with one of the paintings (the one with the red sky with the red moon). sometimes i can place it in the map without a problem and then after saving and working on the map after some time again the painting is replaced by the f***in' green/black square. -.-*

never had similar problems and im really confused because the problem changes everytime i start the editor.

by the way every other model i use from the UTM works perfectly. no displaying problems, no crashes, nothing. up to now just the framework roofs and the painting are the only f***ed up models somehow. and its not just in my map....its in every map i tried it (even an empty one).

hope someone here is able to help me.

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

p.s. i use the UTM 3.0 you can download here.

Level 12

TitanDeath said:
For some reason I can't get this file to work. When I try to import it to another map, the roof in the UT stops working. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Adiktuz said:
are you sure you have imported the textures too? it works fine for me...

TitanDeath said:
Yes it worked. I had to find where the original file was located to figure out which textures they were. Didn't know it had any. Well thxs :D.

SaintBob said:
Only problem i seem to have is... Everytime i test the map, some of the models seem to loose their models, as in before i test the map they are all their as i go down the list of doodads, but after ive tested it, some that were their prior, arnt there now, and only show up as the boxes.

Gilles said:
They do that. Not sure why though. The should still work in-game.

NOTE : you should make sure there are no problems like this first before you ask a question ... :/

Level 9
I don't want to offend you but how these quotes should help me?

i know i have to search before posting and i did but i wasnt able to find a thread for problems with models from the UTM similar to mine.

if there are threads solving my problem it would be much more helping if you would link them instead of quoting sentences from other threads.

Level 12
well i'm sorry, i will try to explain ...

also i have a problem with one of the paintings (the one with the red sky with the red moon). sometimes i can place it in the map without a problem and then after saving and working on the map after some time again the painting is replaced by the f***in' green/black square. -.-*

having a green-black square is normal on world editor, if you restarted the world editor, it should show normally... and if it's not, open it with warcraft III and see if it works...

sometimes i start the editor the framework roofs cant be displayed, sometime i try to put them in my map (setting the model to a doodadd in the editor works) the whole editor crashes, and sometimes i can place them in the map and everythings fine and when i start the editor again the roofs cant be displayed again.

i've tried creating the roof on world editor, 4 kind of roof exist there and yes when i save it, it crashes, but only for JNGP... if you're using JNGP, try using the normal world editor and save there... it works for me when i test the map, start and restart world editor repeatedly, and open it in warcraft III...

Edit : did you import the UTM onto your map or you're using the map as it is ? if you imported them, make sure you imported the texture too ...

e.g duskwood roof1, duskwood roof2, spanishroof, stormwindroof, strawroof, etc

every texture is on .blp format ...

Level 9
well i'm sorry, i will try to explain ...

having a green-black square is normal on world editor, if you restarted the world editor, it should show normally... and if it's not, open it with warcraft III and see if it works...

the thing is i know that thats a normal problem in the editor but the fact is it shows up perfectly in the editor and ingame its the square.

i've tried creating the roof on world editor, 4 kind of roof exist there and yes when i save it, it crashes, but only for JNGP... if you're using JNGP, try using the normal world editor and save there... it works for me when i test the map, start and restart world editor repeatedly, and open it in warcraft III...

yeah there are 4...thats right....and the problem is not that the editor crashes everytime. the problem is that sometime when i place a doodadd with a roof model it crashes and sometimes it simply doesnt show up.

but its strange that the problem just occurs in JNGP and not in vanilla .... hmmm.

answers are in green.

Level 12
Nevermind, JNGP is not an exception... i've tried it once again and i spammed the roof, but i never managed to create those problem you're having.. this is so complicated...
210329-albums5809-picture61485.jpg

tell me where i can find those paintings ? doodads ? structures ? props ?

Level 9
the paintings have the name Items: Painting (X) where X is a number from 1 to 5. the problem occurs with number 1 only. (i have the german editor so i dont know the real name of the category but its the one right under structures....in german its 'gegenstände')

but the painting is just secondary....i need the roofs to work because houses without roofs look bad and unrealistic.

soooo....i forgot to import the textures (thought they dont use an additional texture) so i imported Strawroof1.blp, Stormwindroof.blp & Spanishroof.blp now in the thought these are the textures for framework strawroof, framework red roof, and framework green or brown roof (stormwindroof.blp was just a test whether either the brown or the green roof works with that texture) work with but i still have the problem that the editor crashes when i place a doodadd with a roof model. only thing that has changed now is that in the preview window (the window on the left where the doodadd you wanna place is shown) now shows the model of the roof.

do you know whether i imported the right textures? i tried to place the red roof when it crashed. didnt try the other up to now.

Level 12
the paintings have the name Items: Painting (X) where X is a number from 1 to 5. the problem occurs with number 1 only. (i have the german editor so i dont know the real name of the category but its the one right under structures....in german its 'gegenstände')

but the painting is just secondary....i need the roofs to work because houses without roofs look bad and unrealistic.

soooo....i forgot to import the textures (thought they dont use an additional texture) so i imported Strawroof1.blp, Stormwindroof.blp & Spanishroof.blp now in the thought these are the textures for framework strawroof, framework red roof, and framework green or brown roof (stormwindroof.blp was just a test whether either the brown or the green roof works with that texture) work with but i still have the problem that the editor crashes when i place a doodadd with a roof model. only thing that has changed now is that in the preview window (the window on the left where the doodadd you wanna place is shown) now shows the model of the roof.

do you know whether i imported the right textures? i tried to place the red roof when it crashed. didnt try the other up to now.

well, we can't exactly know whether we imported the right one or not, because it's name is different than the model's name... one thing to do is only asking to the one who make these models
what about the duskwood_roof1.blp and duskwoodroof2.blp ? have you tried importing them ? and i'm not sure why you always encountered the crashes... because mine is works.. i only know JNGP and the normal World Editor, but i don't know what's this so called "Vanilla"...

and make sure you imported them to the right path ?

when it says "war3mapimported\strawroof1.blp" you should change it to only "strawroof1.blp" and it's only for texture , you can leave the path name of the model as it is...

Level 9
wooooohooooo after reimporting all textures and models of the roofs and then saving and restarting the editor 2 times the roofs finally work :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

so now only the painting problem is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.