• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with unit height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, guys. I have a very strange problem. I will explain the situation briefly. When a unit attacks, in a small radius around him puddles are created, they are flying units with a height of 0.00. But they appear high above the ground, although before they always appeared on the ground. I also checked on older versions, where this problem definitely was not, and there it also appeared. Redesign of some game mechanics? My problem on the official reforged wc3

Level 21
movement height?
unit scale? (i think i had problems with 0 sized units before, also 0 sized selection can bug out health bars)
rephrase for clarity please

Level 2
movement height?
unit scale? (i think i had problems with 0 sized units before, also 0 sized selection can bug out health bars)
rephrase for clarity please
I mean the height of the flying unit. If it is 0.00, the unit is on the ground like a ground unit. Previously it was "glued" to the ground, now it is created at a certain height, sometimes random. And I don't understand what's going on. I tried to figure it out, and found out that maybe it's the landscape (?). On a clean map, everything works as it should. But if you copy the landscape to a blank map, this problem appears there too. I got the idea that this is due to the fact that the map was transferred from 1.26a to reforged. However, when I checked on 1.26a, and saw this problem again on very old versions of the map, my brain finally exploded.

Level 21
You checked and altered both:
movement height
movement height minimum
right?

Well this seem rather odd.
Maybe there is something awry under Scenario -> Map options -> Game data set (i would set it to melee latest patch mostly)?!

Then again, you narrowed it down to the landscape, why not simply copy a clean landscape over then?
Maybe share the map in question too.

Level 2
You checked and altered both:
movement height
movement height minimum
right?
Yup, that's right.

I don't want to show my map, cause it's made entirely on russian language.

So, here are some of my observations:
Units are created at the right height when the map is initialized.
Delete all triggers does not solve the problem.
Return standard constant and interface settings doesn't solve the problem.
Copying the terrain to a new map, the problem appears.
When copying a clean terrain from new map, the problem remains.
The problem also appeared on older versions of the map. And I'm not an idiot, I've been doing this for 12 years, mostly for myself and friends, but I know exactly what I'm doing. It's never worked the way it does now. I've tested and tested many times. For me it is absolutely mysterious and absurd thing.
And the only way I see is to recreate map again, using new clean map. But morally I'm a little unprepared for that, because I've been working with landscape for quite a long time.
Well, I don't suppose anyone has had anything like that. I'm relieved to have shared it with someone. Okay, shit happens, as you say :)

Level 2
Maybe there is something awry under Scenario -> Map options -> Game data set (i would set it to melee latest patch mostly)?!
Nah, tried all of them

Attachments

• 00001.jpg
    00001.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 17

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
So...It appears to me that you missed the part where any unit with movement type - Flying, even with 0 height, is about to enter an area with trees or raised terrain, it WILL change its flying height, whether you like it or not. So if you don't want that, don't make them have that type of movement.
This has been a thing since ever not just reforged, which is also in fact a mechanic and not a bug.

Level 2
It appears to me that you missed the part where any unit with movement type - Flying, even with 0 height, is about to enter an area with trees or raised terrain, it WILL change its flying height, whether you like it or not.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I wouldn't have gone around the world with this problem if I hadn't checked. I tried without any decorations. And it's still flying. This makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.