• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with the Poenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
can sum1 tell me how i can refer to the birb when he pops out of the egg ? enters entire map area wont work, so dont tell me it works.

Level 16
You can't really, because it's a transition. You could check the unit type or something like when it attacks something again, but that probably won't work. Otherwise, you could use some multi-instance JASS that lets you force a casting after X seconds when the phoenix dies and hatches

Level 3
well if thats the only solution, ill make a timer of 10.1 sec, when a phoenix dies and after it epired, i check for new phoenixes in a rect around the eggs pos, but what if there are two birds in the rect or the egg has been moved to enother loc.

Level 11
Ok... I am thinking that perhaps you could check when a phoenix dies... Then wait 0.25 seconds or so and pick up every egg within 10 of position of (Dying Unit). Then wait how much you should wait for the new phoenix to be born and then pick up every phoenix within the range. PERHAPS it will work... :D

Level 3
nice idea but a phoenix cannot die. when its hp reach 1 or below (i dunno) he will become the egg. i have seen a phoenix with doom buff, complete invu, because his hp couldnt fall under 1 and he couldt morph into the egg because of the deactivated egg-abil. ->
i have to do the phoenix completle with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.