• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with the daytime :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi there,
I would like to play (or more specific: at least test) my map during daytime. Thus noon or at least at dawn.
However I once in the past changed it to midnight or so, I don't even remember. But at the moment I just can't reset it back to noon. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Scenario - Map Options - Prefs - daytime settings -> no effect
File - Preferences - Visuals - daytime settings -> no effect

Heck I can and did work around this with triggers easily, just a single line... but it really bugs me at the moment. Is there anything I'm missing? Any other secret place to set the daytime?
Because no watter (apart from triggering) what I try to check / uncheck / set right now in whatever settings, they daytime starts at 24:00 / 0:00.

PS: Is it normal, that when pressing "L" in the editor to see the lighting that it swaps between day and night? Sounds logical and so, but just asking :D

Level 11
Game - Set the time of day to 12.00

When you press "L" it doesnt change from day to night, it just removes lighting effects (which does make it look brighter) But you will also notice a lack of shadows (because no light = no shadows) but doodads and units still have shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.