• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with some models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have problem with some downloaded models. When I open them in WE, the game crash. The most strangest is, that I can open it in Magogs model editor. I have already checked it with MDX Pather for textures (but there arent any new textures). One of problematic models is atached.

Attachments

• Arcane Aura.mdx
    3.8 KB · Views: 76

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have not found "Arcane Aura" on our Model Section. If you didn't download the model from the site, then we hold no responsibility for damages caused to your map.

Anyway, try using a MPQ tool to delete the model inside your map. Check out the tools of our Tools Section.

You might like to explain your problem in a different way though. You can't "open the models" in World Editor. When exactly does the game crash?

Level 3
The map is ok and is not damaged.
When I open this model in Magogs model editor, it looks like this:
obr.jpg

In WE, when I am choosing the model file:
obr1.jpg

Then I confirm the dialog. When I choose this edited unit in unit palette, the WE crash and close itself without any report.

I looks like bad textures, but there arent any extra textures, all of them are included in war3x.mpq.

Level 23
1. Viewers don't do shit like WE, they can always open shit the game won't like (any error that will kill a viewer is a proper error that WE won't even consider loading).
2. Looks like a material or texture somewhere doesn't actually exist, if it's anything like what I once experienced...

Status
Not open for further replies.