• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with Ice Sliding trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone.
I have a problem with an Ice Slide trigger I have made (well, copied) from a thread here in the Hive.
The trigger is this: (sorry, my warcraft 3 is in spanish, so some things may be in spanish)
  • Set Group
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Group1 = (Units in Region 293 <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group1 and do (Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Slider)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group1)
  • Slide Normal
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Slider and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set Point2 = (Point1 offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • If ((Terrain type at Point1) Igual a Icecrown Glacier - Ice) then do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Point2) else do (Do nothing)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
But the trigger does... nothing. What is the problem with it? :/

PS: Sorry if I missed something, im in a hurry.

Last edited:
Level 4
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the variable Group1 is unnecessary, since you immediately fill another unit group (Slider) to be the exact same thing? If so, then why don't you just use Slider in the first place.

*Edit* (removed my incorrect information, hehe)

Yeah, so he posted just before me, but yeah. Hes right... lol

Level 3
Marcelo Hossomi said:
Just for you to know, this will only work for the units that were already in the region 293. Other units will not slide.

Thank you, and yes, thats where units spawn.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group1 and do (Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Slider)

Should be Picked Unit.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.