• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with a drain life based ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Read Important Notes on the link you posted.

"Life Drain does not work with this system, so you should use a triggered version of this spell if you want to use it."

Level 19
AYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAY ok

Can you tell me how?, just for the damage, for the effects I just use the original spell, no?
Yes I guess you can use the regular spell as long as it doesnt deal any damage.

I am not going to attempt to trigger it but this is how I would go about it: The caster and target should be saved with a unit indexer for easy triggering. Upon casting, I would add the caster to a group. Have a periodic timer in another trigger to Pick every unit in group and add hp to caster and remove hp from target every period. If caster is not casting, remove caster from group. If units in group = 0 turn of trigger / can use not equal to 0 aswell if that fits better.

Something like that. Perheaps etheral has to be considered. Also some Target(Custom value of (Caster)) variable to point to the target.

You can even configure it to do other things like reduce life drained life over time, have it drain more life if target has high percentage hp, add a drained buff if target gets drained for a certain time etc

Last edited:
Level 24
Yes I guess you can use the regular spell as long as it doesnt deal any damage.

I am not going to attempt to trigger it but this is how I would go about it: The caster and target should be saved with a unit indexer for easy triggering. Upon casting, I would add the caster to a group. Have a periodic timer in another trigger to Pick every unit in group and add hp to caster and remove hp from target every period. If caster is not casting, remove caster from group. If units in group = 0 turn of trigger / can use not equal to 0 aswell if that fits better.

Something like that. Perheaps etheral has to be considered. Also some Target(Custom value of (Caster)) variable to point to the target.

You can even configure it to do other things like reduce life drained life over time, have it drain more life if target has high percentage hp, add a drained buff if target gets drained for a certain time etc
Ayayayay

Question, it says I can't use runic bracers and instead use damage modifiers, how can I do that?

Last edited:
Level 24
upload_2020-9-18_12-50-36.png

upload_2020-9-18_12-51-15.png

Honestly I would consider changing to Bribe's Damage Engine as he updates it regularly, this PDD was last updated five years ago.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I read it, but I didn't get it, really works just changing the variable amount?
And I wanna use that damage engine, but is for the current version and I'm using 1.26
With 1.26 your best option is to use Damage Engine 3A:

Damage Engine 3A.0.0.0 and 3.8.0.0 | HIVE

Damage Engine 3A in its installation instructions tells you how to fix the Life Drain problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.