• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem About Opening With World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
lately, i have been unable to open my own (unprotected) maps. i work on them; save them; close WE; come back later an load them; stop again; open them again... after some time, the map becomes unable to be opened. i get the windows error message with Send Error Report/Dont Send buttons.

what's wrong with my WE?

if the problem doesn't lie in my WE, what may be in my map that's causing it and all subsequent versions of it to become corrupted? the models i use in my map have been in it for at least 2 months, and the problem is nascent just now.

Level 18
Try the same with a scenario map (a map made by Blizzard).

If the same error occurs with those maps, you have a problem in your World Editor. I suggest you re-install Warcraft III. Copy your saved games, replays, custom maps, campaigns and other stuff you want to keep in a temporary folder outside the Warcraft III folder.

If the same error does not occur with those maps, you have a problem in your map. It could be damaged or corrupted.

Level 3
or just try restarting the mashine.. i was having same problem.. when i restarted computer the problem was fixed..

Status
Not open for further replies.