• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Probably a dumb question but oh well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Why do you guys, those who are the elite of making awesome maps, put this stupid map protection on your stuff?
For newbie like me im like tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to make the triggers work the way I want and when i find something simalar Id like to chagne and use myself what happens? The majority of the maps I have are protected and im back to hunting down help.
I know they are your maps and you put alot of time into them to make them work; but is it really nessary to put this map protection on them to stop people from looking at them?

Level 9
Well, map protection is an often-discussed topic here.
I protect my maps myself, i don't want 100 versions of the map i've been working on for months, all with other names on them.

I have now put in a loading screen with my name in it, so they'd have to remove that to really remove all trace of me being the maker, but i just don't like that idea.
For all those who want to look into my map, just to learn from it, i'm willing to show it all.

So, it's not protected to tease the newbies.

Level 2
Im not out to take credit from the creators of the maps, and if I ever made a new version i would try to get the creators permission as well as site them as being the one who created it.
Its just I go mad looking at these awesome thigns people have int here maps that I would like ot use in mine but I cant figure out how to.

Level 8
people protect maps so other people cant edit it and take the credit, i really think WEU should make a new type of protection where you can view it but if u save ANYTHING (not just change map name) it ends the game with everyones name = MAPSTEALER. WEU is like that but if u change the map stuff like author, name, descript it wont work! that way newbies can still look at how u made it! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.