• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have wrote several diffrent messages in this little box and a lot of them were about how much I am sick of these maps that are protected. As a computer programmer and an avid patron of open source material I am almost considering writing a program to fix these currupted maps...
And considering I have been looking at these so called lock programs, It wouldnt be to hard, take me about 4 or 5 days to write soemthing. Though I would rather perfer not to.
So if someone out there has a way of veiwing these maps without "hacking" them, I would very much appreciate it.
Im not out to make a million copies of anything, but there are maps with some cool things I would really like to learn, and since I can never get ahold of most the map creators Im starting to get desperate.

I have put as many ways as possible to get ahold of me ont his forum. Please if anyone knows away to veiw these maps send to me. Just do not post it on the forum as I know that the site wishes to remain neutral onits stance of protected maps.

Level 2
Okay.....

Okay, Im not supposed to talk to people here about it but how am I goign to PM people I have no idea who they are or if they even know what I am looking for?

Im not asking people to answer my question on this forum I am asking them to PM me if they have any information to help me.

I do believe I even stated for people not to Answer me here that I had listed many other ways to get ahold of me because I knew the policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.