• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Private WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
okay lets be honest here...

which is better? Real WOW, that you pay monthly for?

OR

Private server WOW. where you dont pay...

in my opinion,, private WOW is better.

why? because even though its buggy and has less people.. it socially is more fun. Becuase you get to know everybody, and in raids, you almost never fight the boss, you always ask the GM to come with you :p

and what else? some servers are a fun/blizzlike, meaning, you gain levels fast, and can achive more shit!

wat do u think?

Is discussion of this even allowed on this site? I dunno.

Basically, private servers are bugged and crappy especially as of 3.0. It is fun getting free gear and everything but I would only play on them if I had nothing better to do or if I didn't feel like renewing my subscription yet. I like retail better, less bugs, a ton more people, and awesome PvP...

Level 7
Private servers are far worse then real servers. The only reason people play them is because there free...

A thread like this was posted along time ago. I re-call brad.dude neg repping me for saying they were illegal...

Which they are, and I think it's against site rules to talk about them.

Level 9
Is discussion of this even allowed on this site? I dunno.

Basically, private servers are bugged and crappy especially as of 3.0. It is fun getting free gear and everything but I would only play on them if I had nothing better to do or if I didn't feel like renewing my subscription yet. I like retail better, less bugs, a ton more people, and awesome PvP...

Agreed.
Also they're full of n00bs that can't PvP for shit.Thus making it less challenging for me.

Level 36
"The Hive Workshop does not support and will not condone the use of private servers for Warcraft game play. The advertisement, discussion or promotion of private game servers is prohibited at THW. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to World of Warcraft®. Threads or signature files including such content will be closed or deleted without notice. Violators will be punished."

You heard the rules.

~Thead Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.