• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prinny Wars v.1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Some of you may be familiar with the unit "Prinny" from a game called Disgaea. If you are not, read the Background Info section.

Anyway, this game, Prinny Wars, is a mini-game map devoted to throwing exploding Prinnies at the other team, to try to blow them up. It is played in a pudge-wars setup, with teams facing off in 4 different maps, each with their different unique elements. However, after playing Prinny Wars, you will find that there is much more to the game than simply throwing Prinnies. It is intended to be a fun mini-game that friends and clan mates can play together for a nice break from the more serious games that Warcraft has to offer.

Background Info

Prinnies are a unit from Disgaea, a Playstation game released quite a while ago. A Prinny is a penguin-like thing with the soul of an evil, or otherwise worthless human sewn inside. Prinnies are commonly made fun of in the game Disgaea, including their specialty... which is to blow up, when thrown. The temptation to make a game wherein throwing these lovable, but ridiculous creatures was simply too great, and I caved in; thus Prinny Wars was born.

Gameplay is overall fairly simple, once you get the hang of it. At the beginning of every fifth round, everybody picks a hero type. Every hero type starts with different starting HP, Movement Speed, and a Special Ability. Heroes are from two primary tavers: The Azeroth Tavern (with classic wc3 characters), and The Games Tavern (with classic characters from various video games).

After everybody has picked, a round will start, with all the heroes from each team on opposite sides of one of the four maps. From this point onwards, it is your job to hit the other team with the explosion from Prinnies, while dodging the incoming projectiles the other team sends at you.

Throwing a Prinny is the one somewhat tricky thing to master in the game. You click the ability Throw Prinny, and click a point on the ground. However, this merely determines the direction of the throw, and not the ending location. After you cast the ability Throw Prinny, your hero will begin channeling for up to two seconds. During this time, a Landing Beacon will move outward from your hero at a constant rate. When you stop channeling, by pressing R, S, or simply issuing a Move command, your hero will throw the Prinny to the location of the Landing Beacon. It's easier to get a grasp on how to play after you try it once or twice.

There are 4 types of items that you can buy, to increase your Hit Points, Movement, or bomb damage. There are two types of Prinny explosions; namely, Bomberman style and Disgaea style. Each has its advantages, and every player should find which one suits their playing style the best. Also in the game are numerous Special Abilities, one on each hero. Experimenting to find a good team is recommended.

Note: This map cannot be played in Single Player yet. I apologize for this inconvenience, I will fix it as soon as possible.

By: Mech_Warrior and Clan MnM

Thanks to all my testers, mentioned in the Game Info (F9).

Keywords:
Prinny, Wars, Fun, Mini, Game, Mini-game, Explosion.
Contents

Prinny Wars v.1.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:49, 9th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected until updated Fix the single player non-playability issue. Contact Me

M

00:49, 9th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Fix the single player non-playability issue.

Contact Me

Level 2
You could just test and play the game instead of forcing this guy to make a 12 page book.

light bolt30, x3GlikE already posted the BB code list, no need to double it.

Good map, nice tutorial at start too.