• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Preview-and-loadingscreen, common question with a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys,
next step for me is implementing the preview and loadingscreen i've made for my map.

I've tried the traditional way:
Previewscreen=
128x128 and .tga (path: war3mappreview.tga assigned)

It gives a shitload of errors.

i tried the loading screen:
1024x768 and .tga (path: war3maploadingscreen.tga ass.)

ERRORZZZZ! :(

help? :)

Level 4
Only possible problem I could see for the first thing would be that it should be war3mapPreview.tga (capitalize preview maybe?) Also, you are doing the loading screen wrong. Look in the tutorial forum to see how to do that.

Level 9
i did use capital at preview, and already noticed my mistake there at the loadingscreen, i decided to use fade filters instead of a loadingscreen, how to convert my image to .blp?

still struggling with the preview...

Level 9
well, no, they must be .blp ... sadly.
does anyone know a converter?

The preview,
kinda strange, when i implemented it correctly, and saved the map, the editor gave me like 10 pages full of errors, and when i'd put it in the warcraft folder, start warcraft, create a lan game and click at the map, warcraft would crash with a fatal exeption, memory business, the usual.

When i took the preview out again, all was well.
strangely.

Level 16
War3mapPreview.tga I think

For the minimap image it would be war3mapMap.

I would recommend using WinMPQ, extracing that very file from the map's archive, and editing it. Remember to save the targa as 32 bit. If the image is white, then it's probably the wrong size. Make sure you save the map before launching and finding it

Level 9
Eusira said:
War3mapPreview.tga I think

For the minimap image it would be war3mapMap.

I would recommend using WinMPQ, extracing that very file from the map's archive, and editing it. Remember to save the targa as 32 bit. If the image is white, then it's probably the wrong size. Make sure you save the map before launching and finding it

ah! i always saved it as a 16 bit targa to reduce space! thanks eusiria!

Thewickerman, thanks to you aswel! that should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.