• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Prevention of Tower Blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Usually I would never ask for advice from the community when it comes to coding for wc3, but I dont have much time to make a deadline for my map and I figure I can ask this while I code other requirements for my map.

Anyways my map is Hero Wars EE which is a Hero Offense type RoC map, but in it you can do all sorts of other things such as building towers and such. Right now I am having to try to figure out how to make it so I can have a referee unit of sorts to prevent tower blocking of troops that need to run by similiar to things you see in Tower Defense type maps. Anyone have any experience with this, and if so how did you get your custom unit to attack the towers if there is a blockage? I tried having the unit run from one side of the map to the other on a Attack move command but it seems to just stop and didnt care that I blocked when I tested this.

Anyways thanks in advance for any advice.

Level 9
make a unit with aquistion range 0 and order him to go from "A" to "B".
move command not as simple as it could be , because if unit have an aatack and unit can't go to "B" because something is laying by the way he will attack it.

If free pathing lesser then unit pathing and unit have attack 1 or 2 , than unit will attack non-invulnerable building\unit\destructable for going on

you may try it out , or make a non-buildable terrain...

Level 2
I will try lowering the acquisition range to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion. I will post again if it doesnt work.

Level 9
Try that:
aq range 200
what army do you use for attacking heroes?
Neutral Hostile or player 11(12) units ?

if the last one , try to turn on AI (Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players) )
and then try again with aqust. range 200 and order - move to point (or unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.