• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Prevent being attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How do i prevent specific unit from being attack by any enemy other than banish or trigger with attack event?? Just attack. spell allowed.

The problem with attack event is ugly animation by attacker. they look like retarded -.- i hate it.

Thank you in advance.

Level 19
Um... banish? (I know you said other than banish but you described what banish does...)

You could also give the unit a hardened skin abillity, bump up the damage reduced to some crazy amount.

Level 10
Um... banish? (I know you said other than banish but you described what banish does...)

You could also give the unit a hardened skin abillity, bump up the damage reduced to some crazy amount

NO BANISH -.- it convert unit to ghost.

Hardened skin is nice. but prevent??

invulnerability/cloud ability/aquisition range etc..

invul - spell allowed
cloud - how to make the cloud follow the unit??
acquisition range - still can attack.
etc - what? tell me tell me

Level 10
What do you meant by 'prevent' it from attacked ?
The attacker wants to attack and suddenly stops, or can't be attacked at all, or... what ?
Explain briefly and clearly, give us a clear situation that we can relate

Works like banish. any unit cant attack a particular unit. Banish works just like what i wanted. but it have other effect -.-". nvm then. if i tried everything now. none is suitable with what i wanted. thank you thank you. :)

what about modified silence ability?

u can change it to prevent attack instead prevent spell and spam to unit position every 0.5sec with dummy unit??

That gives an aura enemy cant attack. erm i dont think so. btw, thats a very nice aura though. i like it.

Major Kaza: They look strange when they want to attack -.- its okay n thank you.

Level 9
  • No atack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit gets order targeting a unit
    • Conditions
      • Target of order is in (your unit group) equals True
      • Or
        • Order euqals Attack
        • Order equals Smart
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Attacking Unit to Move to Position of (Target Unit)
Im not sure of that event but it should make them just move to unit (without attack or even animation started)

I hope you will give me some rep. if that helped. ^^

EDIT:
Here you have map which should work, but I spelled order string wrong. I don't know orders string so you will have to ask someone.

Attachments

• NO_Attack.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 17
That gives an aura enemy cant attack. erm i dont think so. btw, thats a very nice aura though. i like it.

but acctually that do what u want ,no? since u can customize the duration and targets&area etc :p

or another methode, just make a bear form or metamoprh, and make a another unit in object editor just change the output unit, when u want make ur unit immune to attack then enable the bear form ability, order it, disable and same when u want turn the unit back and u cna make that animation and that design how u want coz u handle with trigger

Level 17
AS you are here shadow.. Can you fix trigger above? Right click order is not attack. So what is it?

smart, order string is "smart" when u use right click(i hope something else dont use this order too, just when i tested for me gived this)

oh it isnt just for attack target, smart for every right click action, different u can check the target is a unit and if yes then it is a enemy or no:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.