• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power-up Items - How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I was trying to create a power-up item, but didn't figure how. I know they are hidden somewhere but I simply can't find where.

Anyone got an idea?

Best Regards, Ice_bane @ EU

Level 11
No, that won't help. He's looking to create powerups, not items.

Anyways, there are two ways to do this - you can choose to make it be picked up automatically when a ground unit moves near it, or be picked up when you right click it with a ground unit.

To start off, create a Set effect. Then, add the effect "Pickup Remove", this will remove the powerup once someone uses it. Additionally, you will want to add an effect that will do whatever your powerup is supposed to do; ie restore life, apply a speed boost behavior, or whatever.

Then, if you want a powerup that is automatically used when you move a unit near it, duplicate the "Pickup" ability, change the effect to your set effect, and then give that ability to your powerup unit. Alternatively, if you want a powerup that you right click on to use, go into your unit, go to Cost -> Powerup Effect, and change that to your set effect.

Level 13
No, that won't help. He's looking to create powerups, not items.

Anyways, there are two ways to do this - you can choose to make it be picked up automatically when a ground unit moves near it, or be picked up when you right click it with a ground unit.

To start off, create a Set effect. Then, add the effect "Pickup Remove", this will remove the powerup once someone uses it. Additionally, you will want to add an effect that will do whatever your powerup is supposed to do; ie restore life, apply a speed boost behavior, or whatever.

Then, if you want a powerup that is automatically used when you move a unit near it, duplicate the "Pickup" ability, change the effect to your set effect, and then give that ability to your powerup unit. Alternatively, if you want a powerup that you right click on to use, go into your unit, go to Cost -> Powerup Effect, and change that to your set effect.

Where is this 'Pickup Remove' effect you speak of? I cannot find it within the effects in Core.SC2Mod, Liberty.SC2Mod, LibertyMulti.SC2Mod, or Liberty.SC2Campaign.

Level 11
err, you do have the campaign dependencies added and all correctly, right?

should probably double check that the campaign one is at the top of the dependency list, because I'm pretty sure that you should have it (its in the campaign, used for the min/gas pickups).

Status
Not open for further replies.