• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Possible to Show/Hide Doodads ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im looking through the trigger editor and seems like I should be able to make destructibles that can be hidden/shown?

What I was hoping for is a way to show a building when your player is outside of the building and then hide the building thats resting on top of a floor/indoor area that I create with doodads . Is there a recommended way of doing this currently?

Thanks!

Level 9
nope. there are some workarounds, though.

a) make a unit and set the model to what you want, but you have to set a lot of stuff, so it's a little tricky and time-consuming.
b) some doodad sets for houses have a hide animation that makes the model disappear, so check your doodad's animation.
c) remove the doodad when a unit enters a region, and create one when a unit enters another region. configure this as you will.

Level 14
As a matter of fact you can hide any doodads anytime you want. Just make a region that covers the area the doodad is in and go to the animations tab in the trigger editor. Then select play animations for doodads in region. Pick the type of doodad you want to hide from the drop down menu and play it's hide animation. Every doodad has a 'hide' and a 'show' animation so you can make them appear and disappear whenever you want. (obviously this only works on preplaced doodads within your selected region)

I use this method a lot for making things like custom secret doors. Once an event takes place the secret door disappears and the pathing blocker gets removed. Voila! a new area ready to be explored.

Level 2
As a matter of fact you can hide any doodads anytime you want. Just make a region that covers the area the doodad is in and go to the animations tab in the trigger editor. Then select play animations for doodads in region. Pick the type of doodad you want to hide from the drop down menu and play it's hide animation. Every doodad has a 'hide' and a 'show' animation so you can make them appear and disappear whenever you want. (obviously this only works on preplaced doodads within your selected region)

I use this method a lot for making things like custom secret doors. Once an event takes place the secret door disappears and the pathing blocker gets removed. Voila! a new area ready to be explored.

Awesome man - that really helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.