• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible to set a bridge doodad walkable or not walkable through triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Possible to set a bridge doodad walkable or not walkable through triggers?
If so can I make it only walkable by a specific player

Level 7
Thanks for trying but those won't work because I don't want them to destroy to get on to a bridge type doodad.

Level 7
Well the thing is I should of said this before but when I meant bridge type doodad I mean a doodad that was walkable like walking on top of buildings.

Level 14
thats not difficult, there are the invisible platforms. You set them on top of the building and kill them all at map initialisation.

When you need them to be walkable, you just revive them. You can make everything walkable with those platforms.
Look at the destructable page in the object editor at elevators.

Level 7
Hmm that might work for what am planning but is it possible to only make it walkable for certain players or so still?

Level 14
hm this would be more difficult then. You could use a trick.

You could for example create 2 regions, and if a unit enters, that you dont want to, you give it the order to turn back to the region before...
There are several posibilities.
You could check if the entering play is the one of your choice, and kill one single pathing blocker, after the unit passed, you restore it.
Another way would be u install only ground blockers, and if the unit entering the region is the one you want, you give it the ability "crow-form". You have to install around this area only-flight-blockers, and it would not match with flying units.

Well, there are some possibilities
Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.