• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Knockback collision? (Do we have the technology?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I've rummaged through Check Walkability & GUI Knockback 2.5D v4.2.5.0 but I've yet to (or completely glossed over) find a solution.

When I make a simple knockback, i.e. stun, move, loop * X, and use the boolean
  • (Terrain pathing at Point[X] of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
it seems to work only some of the time, at angles the unit does this weird slide at the greater angle.

Did blizzard give us a new method to solve this or do I need to stick with above systems to solve this problem?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
You create an item at map initialization and then hide it, and then you move the item to the location you want to check the pathability. If the location of the item isn't the same as you ordered it to be on then it's not pathable. Of course items don't check the collision with a unit, so that part you have to do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.