• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible or relatively possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S11

S11

Level 3
Possible or relatively possible? ( need help, cant get it to work)

i was wondering if anyone knew how to highlight the ground like make tiles on the floor and then make it highlighted.

say i have X amount of XStat that would make it so it would display a tile around me

i mean i could possibly make doodads use hero selection circles and so on, but is it possible?

Last edited:

S11

S11

Level 3
It is possible to highlight the ground. There was a map with a game that had tiles highlighted to show possible moves.

how would you do this? because i've been trying to find out, where would this be in the gui triggers unless it has to be done threw jass/vjass. because i've been trying to find out how to show highlighted tiles.

Last edited:

S11

S11

Level 3
easily doable, you just need a semi-transparent model and then use it as Special Effect or create a Unit with model of the texture(Special Effects are always on the ground, but they dont curve as the surface does)

and make it so there is no collide so i would be able to go on top of it? because i want to make it show where you can move and once you move to that location it disappears

S11

S11

Level 3
you can walk over special effects normally, if it is unit, you can turn off the collision of the unit using triggers, even with GUI

okay, next question is when i step onto it i want to make it disappear

Level 23
if you know and/or use Jass, its pretty easy, if not than still but a bit heavier for CPU.

if you make it a unit:
You can have a Unit Group and when you create something on the ground like you want, you can add the unit to the unit group, and then have separate trigger that runs periodically every lets say, 0.1 seconds(that should be enough) and you check if there are certain units in X range of your unit(dont forget co clean unit group leaks!), if it is, you kill the unit and remove it from the Unit Group

if it is effect:
you will have to either use hashtable or array and set the position of the special effect to that, as well as saving the effect into hashtable or array. You check it the same, but when the match is found, you only remove it from array or hashtable as well as destroy it. This is a bit harder

S11

S11

Level 3
if you know and/or use Jass, its pretty easy, if not than still but a bit heavier for CPU.

if you make it a unit:
You can have a Unit Group and when you create something on the ground like you want, you can add the unit to the unit group, and then have separate trigger that runs periodically every lets say, 0.1 seconds(that should be enough) and you check if there are certain units in X range of your unit(dont forget co clean unit group leaks!), if it is, you kill the unit and remove it from the Unit Group

if it is effect:
you will have to either use hashtable or array and set the position of the special effect to that, as well as saving the effect into hashtable or array. You check it the same, but when the match is found, you only remove it from array or hashtable as well as destroy it. This is a bit harder

if possible could you show me a demo trigger? and explain what does what and why it does that? sorry im sort of new i only have little experience in triggers along with map making, how would you create the unit on the ground and so on sorry >_<

S11

S11

Level 3
bump, i've been trying all types of things and i cant get it to work. i cant get the dummy unit to display the model, im not sure how to select the unit hero of the player and when i do effect type im not sure how i can detect the players hero in the conditions dang really need help

Status
Not open for further replies.