• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Posibility to have several options for creating units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, here is what i need...

I have a town hall, but i want to posiblity to create several different units, more then 20 atleast..

I guess this is solved like some type of a spell book..
The Town Hall should have these 4 alternatives..
example
1. Normal units
2. Ranged units
3. Boss units
4. God units

And pressing any of these will open a new window (like spellbook) where i can put more units.
Is this possible?

Thanks!

Level 2
You wont be able to make the units like you normally are able to. You can add a spell book and then add Summon Unit (with the unit you want, for example a footman, then make duration 0 seconds) for the units. And then just modify the ability used to create buildings from items to a unit ability and then just add it into the spell book.
That is one way, but you will have no build gauge like in normal melee's/

Another way is to do something like this
(BUILDING) Town Center
--(ABILITIES)
1. Normal Units
2. Ranged Units
3. Boss Units
4. Godly Units

Each ability would just be a modified version of like battle roar with no effects. When the building uses the Normal Units ability, the Town Hall will be replaced with the Normal Units Town Hall. And then you can have another ability for BACK to go back to the Normal Town Hall.
Then just Copy and paste with the other types.
This would require a few simple triggers, works in GUI.
If unit uses an ability
-If used ability = Normal Units
Then Replace Casting unit with Normal Units Town Hall

The down side is that if you switch menus while a unit is building then you will lose progress building the units.

PM or Email me for more help.
+Rep if this helped you.
If you need clarification contact me.

Level 4
I see what u mean, i will try it out when i have the time.
Will also check out that system u linked Pharao_..

Thanks alot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.