• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Portal 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg
I hope they do it :D

Level 10
You bought it, maybe?
No, I am talking about the story. You could barely understand a shit without playing Portal: Prelude or Wiki-ing.

You're a test subject in Aperature science labs (same Aperature from Half Life) who is being guided by a talking robot and is given an interesting tool to solve the puzzles given. Help and clues are left by previous test subjects. What else is there to get? And how hard is it to pick that up as you play?

Level 4
You're a test subject in Aperature science labs (same Aperature from Half Life) who is being guided by a talking robot and is given an interesting tool to solve the puzzles given. Help and clues are left by previous test subjects. What else is there to get? And how hard is it to pick that up as you play?

Hmm. I know all that, but it was all too hard to connect it with the ending.

Level 4
OK, here's what I get:
-You are a test subject in Aperture Science labs
-It's empty because other test subjects failed, but left marks
-The cake is not a lie

Here's what I don't get:
-Why is it empty, it should have something more than test subjects
-Why does GLaDOS want to kill you
-The cake is a lie

Here's what I don't get:
-Why is it empty, it should have something more than test subjects
-Why does GLaDOS want to kill you
-The cake is a lie

- GLaDOS flooded the center with a neurotoxin so everyone else died
- because she's the antagonist, duh
- she says there will be cake at the end and uses that as a goal. But there isn't actually any cake, there's just a big bonfire. So the cake is a lie.

(ignoring the cake just before the credits)

Level 10
- GLaDOS flooded the center with a neurotoxin so everyone else died
- because she's the antagonist, duh
- she says there will be cake at the end and uses that as a goal. But there isn't actually any cake, there's just a big bonfire. So the cake is a lie.

(ignoring the cake just before the credits)

Actually she was going to bake you, you were going to be the cake, so the cake wasn't a lie at first, but then she starts lying about the party. She even says something like "you are nearing the conclusion" and then "to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake".

Status
Not open for further replies.