• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] (Poll) The Gauntlet of Nations

Which would you like to see as a campaign?

• Ironforge

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Kul'tiras

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Crimson Legion

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Dragonmaw Clan

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The polls have declared that a Nation/Race/Group of people that has not been covered as much as so righteously deserved shall be the theme for our game. I have many options for you. Please only pick one, and read below to understand fully why I chose such a theme and what it might contain.

Ironforge: A dwarven young one (likely at the teen/young adult stage of his life) lives with his family in the grand city of Ironforge. His family is one of blacksmiths, and not too trained in the art of war, however, when his brother is killed in a fight against a true evil (Not yet revealed), he is forced into what is called a 'Gwyarbrawden', meaning he must avenge his brother's death, no-matter the cost. He must learn the arts of the Paladin, and fight this darkness that has slain his brother.

Kul'tiras: After the death of Daelin Proudmoore, Tandred Proudmoore, his son, must take up the throne. With his sister gone in the Horde-infested lands of Kalimdor, seemingly betraying her people, and the rumors of discontent amoungst his people, he must take control of the land and secure his rights to the throne. He will face countless foes, but the might of Kul'tiras is like the sea! Neverending, and destructive!

Crimson Legion: You control the elite group of the Crimson Legion. Your people have been weaked by the heathens of the 'Argent Crusade' who have left in their own search for glory. Regardless, Saiden Dathrohan shall lead the people to victory! However... Are we forever to remain this way? It is our zeal that pushes us on. For the Scarlet Crusade.. For the Alliance. Saiden Dathrohan shall lead the way. We never knew his secret.. Till it was too late..

The Dragonmaw Clan: As the second war came to a close, the Dwarves of Ironforge and the Humans of Stromgarde have pushed us back to our corner of the world. We cannot hold forever without strength. Though we are lead by a strong and grand leader, he is spineless, and once he dies, who knows how long we will last? We have heard rumors of Cho'gall. Perhaps he shall become our savior? You play as the Dragonmaw Clan. Will you become a strong united clan of pure orcs? Or will power and greed turn you to Twilight..

Last edited:
Level 23
Really hard to choose between the Kul'tiras campaign, or Crimson Legion! But i prefer Crimson Legion, i always want to see a Scarlet Crusade campaign!

And btw, it's "After the death of Daelin Proudmoore,Tandred Proudmoore, his son" not "After the death of Tandred Proudmoore, Daelin Proudmoore, his son" Or do you change a bit the story? lol

Good luck!

Level 11
I vote for the Ironforge one, I really like paladins, even my main WoW character is a paladin, and surprises.

Level 4
@Mechanical Glory to the King! I definitely think that sea battles will be big in this one.
@Forsaken Curse my slow memory! Editing. Also Scarlets are certainly interesting.
@yousef Paladins are indeed an interesting topic of the Dwarves. You hardly see them talked about. :/

Level 4
Alright everyone. I've been thinking, and I have decided that Kul'tiras is the victor. After some thought, I realized Dragonmaw and Crimson Legion were awful choices because they go into parts of lore i'm both not too knowledgeable about, and they don't have a conflict I found interesting. I therefore will ask the admins to shut this poll down.I will get back to you soon about details of this campaign.

Level 6
Alright everyone. I've been thinking, and I have decided that Kul'tiras is the victor. After some thought, I realized Dragonmaw and Crimson Legion were awful choices because they go into parts of lore i'm both not too knowledgeable about, and they don't have a conflict I found interesting. I therefore will ask the admins to shut this poll down.I will get back to you soon about details of this campaign.
Actually the lack of lore about the Dragonmaw is what actually makes it a good choice.We know that after the Cataclysm there were still kicking so there would have been a lot of battles with the Hill Dwarves and the Dragonflights.

Kul`Tiras is indeed a good choice.You what would be good?An all out human army, let it be Kul`Tiras and Kul`Tiras forces only not Alliance with Kul`Tiras colours.

What you would be covering in your campaign?The third war would be nice.Trying to save as many Lordaeron citizens as you can etc. :D

Level 4
@Shatterfury There's some interesting twists i've put to this. Nothing that's per say... not reasonable within the rights that nobody has really covered it, not even Blizzard. Needless to say, there'll be more than just Kul'tiras out in these seas.

@Devi7King Pray tell, what exactly is new to you? If you mean something such as 'The Bitter End' or 'Iceborn' then I respond such as this: I prefer lore. It's a natural thing to me considering I grew up with this game (Quite literally. Being born in 2000 and having two brothers who played the game to death certainly helped.)

@PurgeandFire That's exactly why I desire to cover Kul'tiras. Nobody ever has touched them much. The most we see from Warcraft 3 is in the first orc campaign where they land in kalimdor, also when Daelin Proudmoore lands with his fleet in Theramore (and eventually dies) Then the only part of them you see in WoW would have to be non-existant for the most part. Perhaps you could technically say 'Oh, the Bloodsails originated from a traitor to Kul'tiras' but I say back to you, they're not part of them anymore.

Level 60
Tandred Proudmoore kinda got decanonized according to a Tweet by the one in charge of Lore. Nonetheless, this is your story so it's up to you. Since the timeline of your description for Kul'Tiras is vague at the moment, I might as well give out suggestions ranging from the time of Wrath of the Lich King to Mists of Pandaria.

Potential Enemies:
  • Naga - They seem to be the most obvious choice.
  • Zandalari Trolls - They are kinda desperate for land so Troll navy vs. Tirassian navy isn't so far-fetched.

Potential Allies:
  • Gilnean Worgen - When they evacuated Gilneas, some of them ended up on Kul'Tiras.
  • Jinyu - After MoP, some of them decide to go on exploring with their new Alliance friends and end up on Kul'Tiras.
  • Dalaran - With Dalaran now mobile, you can have it land near Kul'Tiras for a much needed reunion between Jaina and Tandred.

Could go both ways:
  • Goblin - You could have an allied cartel or an enemy cartel.
  • Vrykul - After their defeat in Northrend, some of them decide to go on seafaring adventures. Or maybe you can have a bunch of them who are banished for not pledging loyalty to the Lich King.

Status
Not open for further replies.