• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Point me in the right direction please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Being new to all this modelling stuff, I only have very vague ideas of where to start. I'm trying to make a new model for a map called Fate Another.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Caster_(Fate/Extra)

This is the character I'm trying to create.

For the model, will I have to create it from scratch using milkshape or 3D modelling program? I've been looking at all these tutorials but not sure which and what to begin with.

Level 5
if your a beginner to 3d modeling try looking for the basic stuff dont rush like i did then you have a whole mess to clean up. im still new too and am looking for the most easiest model maker that is free. still no luck but to point you in the right direction for tutorials just look up the basic controls then the basic how tos and you will be fine in think

If you want to start in the right direction. There are many paths.

One way is to start by modifying existing models, like adding new parts (weapons, armor, etc), changing texture or adding/removing effects. This will get you to know how most 3d models work and how they are conformed. After that you can start modeling from scratch (creating models out of nothing). Normaly you should start by static models and once you feel ready, you should start animating.

Second way is skipping the modifying part and going directly into scratch. This way is way more difficult.

About the tool: I don't recommend milkshape, specialy because it's not free. Try getting one of these three: Blender, 3dsmax, maya. The first one is free and the other 2 can be obtained free by registering in autodesk's student program.

Status
Not open for further replies.