• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poeple are getting disc'd from my map- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For some reason, my map forces a disconnect on a player every game. It used to be player 2, until I switched the hero select system, and now its player 3. Anyone have any ideas why this might be occuring?

Level 3
i mgiht help

well the easiest hero select for me is to
- make 3 circle of power make region in each labeled diff
conditions-triggering player does not own a hero
-trigger"unit enters rect blademaster" spawn 01 blade amster at (make region where it spawns)spawn hero

Level 8
Wow, wolf_kid_is_me, that was really... useful. Thanks for clearing up what's causing players to disconnect from the map.

Wu-hsin, are you doing any triggered unit selection? Are you using undefined variables somehow? Does your map have really high hit point or damage dice values? These are some of the things which have been known to cause players to disconnect.

Level 3
Oh, i see. well the triggers I use for hero selection are as follows. (for lack of knowing a better way to do it)

Event
A unit enters "heroSelectionLight"<gen>

Condition
(unit type of (triggering unit)) equal to (a hero)[one of the many heros I have created for this map]

Action
Player - limit the training of (the unit that met the condition) to 1 for (owner of(triggering unit))
Player - limit training of (another of possible picked hero) to 0 for (owner of(triggering unit))
Player - [Repeats the limiting of all the other possible heros to 0, using the same condition as directly above substituting each hero]

Status
Not open for further replies.