• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Boot Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Currently im working on a hero line war style game. This game has a feature that allows you to pick your hero though a selection circle. (like angel arena for those of you who have never played a Hero Line War)
Well the glitch only occurs when a player selects a hero, and after a hero is selected players get booted. Currently iv only been able to test the game with one other person through my LAN. This other person has been booted every time despite my efforts, Also no matter what color the player is or what team their on they are still booted. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Level 13
ok, heres the hero selection trigger, its quite simple and seems like it should work, im not sure exactly what the problem is.

------------------------------------------------------
Pick Arthur Team 1
Events
Unit - A unit enters Pick Arthur <gen>
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Heroic Soul
Actions
Unit - Explode (Triggering unit)
Unit - Create 1 King of Camelot for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Random point in Region 024 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Camera - Pan camera as necessary for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Region 024 <gen>) over 0.50 seconds
------------------------------------------------------

I even looked at a hero line war to see if I did something wrong with one of my triggers but I was still unsuccessful in my search.

Level 4
Well, seem you encouter the boot glith too. I had a something similar to the boots glith. A server split glith. Somewhere there game the games just splits. The only way i could fix it was to start from strach again. It mostly could be the object data fault so somewhere in there because it's about picking and deleting units. So export you triiger and start from stracth. Good luck

Level 13
ya i think im just going to start the game over from scratch, i dont know what the problem is. I checked the default settings also but i dont think that would return a "you have been disconnected" error. I did edit a few of the gameplay constants. Maybe ill try returning all those to their defaults before starting over. Thanks for all your help guys.

Level 4
This is your problem:

Camera - Pan camera as necessary for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Region 024 <gen>) over 0.50 seconds

Don't use the 'as necessary' pan camera action, use the other one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.