• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Plz tell my y this wont work!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ok this is the save trigger

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Run Hmmm <gen> (ignoring conditions)
Game Cache - Create a game cache from EC II.w3v
Game Cache - Store Code[1] as Code[1] of Codes in (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Store Hero as Hero1 of Heros in (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 90.00 seconds the text: (Your Code is: |c00990000 + (Code[1] + |r))
Game - Set the next level to Maps\Download\My Maps\Save Load System.w3x

and this is the load trigger

Load
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -load as A substring
Conditions
(Length of (Entered chat string)) Greater than or equal to 6
(Length of (Entered chat string)) Less than or equal to 25
Actions
Set GameCache_Name[1] = (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 25))
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Your Code Was Corre...
Game Cache - Create a game cache from EC II.w3v
Game Cache - Create a game cache from (Load GameCache_Name[1] of Codes from (Last created game cache))
Game Cache - Restore Hero1 of Heros from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 0.00

this is "hmmm"

Hmmm
Events
Conditions
Actions
Set Code[1] = ((String((Random integer number between 1000 and 9999))) + (- + ((String((Random integer number between 1000 and 9999))) + (- + ((String((Random integer number between 1000 and 9999))) + (- + (String((Random integer number between 1000 and 9999)))))))))

and Mr.Maestro DO NOT post ur stupid little trigger FAQ lol cuz that doesnt work /w wat im trying to do

Level 9
Ok.. try to delfet "1" at:
Game Cache - Store Hero as Hero1 of Heros in (Last created game cache)
make it like
Game Cache - Store Hero as Hero of Heros in (Last created game cache)

you always test your map at WE and at WE options there is a button clicked: fix random seed .. unclick that button...

And this trigger is .. Emm why do you need code if you'll play alone ?

Level 9
i just didn't have any problems with save\load..even at versions before RoC(Ehh good old 1.01)

you just need to save file at the same name... i always, for example , have same name of game cache saving string and his catalog and it always work...

just look tutorials .... rip them ;)~

Level 9
hero thing?
Ohh you mean spellbook?
it works with mage.. but not at tutorial ;)~

i just couldn't understand why you do this , because no one woudn't enter password lke xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxx-x

they will just enter: hero 1
and if they are correct 8)

it's not working for multiplayer as good as it could be..of course at home LAN it could work, but not at b.net

you are trying to mix 2 diffenrent ways of saving...

Level 2
I want too save the the text. In the next game it will load.
it works if u save it and then load it in the same game, but if u exit, it doesnt WHY!!!!!?

save full text display
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
Conditions
Actions
Set Text__save = (Text__save + ( + (Entered chat str

save spy display
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save txt as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Game Cache - Create a game cache from (Name of Player 1 (Red))
Game Cache - Store Text__save as Code_my[1] of Codes in (Last created game cache)
Set GameCache = (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save GameCache

load spy display
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -load txt as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Game Cache - Create a game cache from (Name of Player 1 (Red))
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 30.00 seconds the text: (Load Code_my[1] of Codes from (Last created game cache))

Status
Not open for further replies.