1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pls make one file in which all the maps would be to download

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by makolion, Sep 8, 2005.

1. makolion

makolion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could u pls make one file in which all the maps would be to download???? It would be much easier to download all the maps that would be in one folder pls when jes do it quickly. :?:

2. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately we can't and won't do this. It would be a considerable amount of work. No site makes this. We have so many maps that the zip would be a considerable number of GBs. That's absurd! Why would you want to download ALL the map? Start with the campaigns. They will take you some time to finish. I would start with Darky's campaigns.

~Daelin

3. Doodi

Doodi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Daelin is right! Plus the Dl time will be soooooooooooooooooooooo slow, that u may have 2 wait 4 ages!

4. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i am proud to say i dled about 14 GB of emu :) form the internet ...so there are crazy people like me.... But i would recomend a zip with the best maps and campaings :p that would be a lot better

5. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, we can't sacrifice our time and bandwith just because of your lazyness

6. JetPack

JetPack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wasn't this exact thread made last week?

7. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i only sugested that the Editors Cut maps should be placed in a zip :p

8. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i only sugested that the Editors Cut maps should be placed in a zip :p

9. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's still lazyness and lameness.

just download one map first, then another one.

It is not like you will have the time to play every single map in the same day

10. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i played 1000 diferent games in one day :p...

11. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You played 1000 games in a day ==> you have the time to download the maps manually your self.

12. RabbidWolf

RabbidWolf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WOW

Hehe, it would be a great idea though...

13. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Re: WOW

Ohh,.. c'mon, do you think so?? Think, again! That must be a very very big .zip file.

14. Koolmunkie

Koolmunkie

Resources:
    Resources:
    that would be a dam long DL time,

now times you by others who will do it as well
    also add how many DL stuf everday

then the site will be so damn slow (even though it already is) that you cant link to another page here without waiting the following week

15. orcfan32

orcfan32

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unless you kept compressing it like 100 times..but that would take a long time to extract.

16. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Huh? It only compresses a file by a certain percent, regardless of how many zip files you put it in.
    -VGsatomi

17. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay, we compress it endlessly and the filesize gets close to zero :D

*warning to myself: no spamming*

18. virdicyer

virdicyer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh dang. And also, phew. I was gonna made a thread about this too. Good thing I saw it before I did it...

Mainly... it's about saving time. Now, I know that the person that creates the huge thing will have to spend some time; but if you consider how many people will be manually downloading each map, then think of the time saving that would happen if just one person were to make a single file.

I don't know about this single file thing, but in today's mass downloading frenzy, bittorrent is preferred. It'd also be a good idea to seperate the maps in the categories they're already in. Just make a bittorrent that has all the maps in their respective folders.

I know this would be 'n' GB and would take a long time to download, but there are those of us that would do it. And if bittorrent... would seed the bittorrent. Looking at the 250+ pages of maps here and 300+ at warcraft3.org... I certainly wish there was a bittorrent with all the maps.

It's certainly doubtful that we'd ever play all the maps, but the main idea is that we'd have a big enough selection to find a great deal of maps that we really like.

Another reason we crazy people want to download such a huge load is that we're hoping to, amoung the Gigs of maps, attain the good ol' maps that people don't have or play on Bnet anymore. I've recently found some people that have some good old maps, and have been able to find Smash CTV. This is also a favorite of mine from Starcraft, which no one has or plays anymore...

The main idea of a single file is to make it easier to get the maps. We'd rather spend our bandwidth 24/7 downloading a huge file than manually downloading and browsing through thousands of pages to find a certain map. Of course, if you don't, then we'll still be where we are now: manually downloading a single map at a time. Although, we prefer to d/l everything then test the maps, than download, test, download, test.

19. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    err..all of them? wow taht would b like 1gig or somethin, but if u had a check list, like a cart and u added map to list to dl, that would be tasty..

20. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    1 gig?

Wulf, you are underestimating

Considering that this site rips through just under 1024 gigabytes a month, I'd easily say it'd be in the hundreds of gigabytes

That wouldn't be "very long", that'd be "Leaving your computer on and network unused for a week"