• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem after D/ling maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a question to ask here, on the maps that i downloaded, i go to my folder to open them and i keep seeing this "the folder is invalid or currupted" is there anything i can do for this not to happen, this mostly happen with the campaign files i have downloaded. Any help would be appreciated

Level 9
seriously it gets annoying people creating acc's for just one topic but any way if it says its currupted there you go it means the map has some error with it like bad scripting possibly even a virus
if the person has a virus on thier computer when they submit it then its most likely the virus will go with it

Level 13
Actually I don't know of any viruses that attack any Warcraft-based-filetype. Tools are checked by an anti-virus-prog before uploaded here, dunno if other resources are checked, too. Usually I download almost every map to test it, and I never saw any viruses or anything equal.

If the zip-archive is corrupted, most times the reason is that something interupted the download so parts of the files are missing. Try using a download manager, and winzip/winrar to open the archives.

Somehow it seems like you said you double-click on the map-files (-> starting them). If you do so, WC3 won't start them, it will just open WorldEditor. If the map is protected, you'll get that error you showed. Just extract them to your Warcraft3-maps-folder and play them in WC3 using "Singleplayer -> Custom Maps -> [where you extracted them]".

Status
Not open for further replies.