• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got a problem making a trigger for my map. I'm making a map a bit like Dota for my friend , but I'm simply stuck and can't do anything about it. I'm trying to increase an amount of unit coming in waves after certain time has passed. I've tried for more than a week, but the way I've found is not quite the way I want it. I want to make it so that one extra unit would be added on a wave every 5 minutes. But is that impossible?

Level 5
Trigger, code, code, trigger.

OMG!!! I'm speaking like Vexorian!
I'm so sorry. Of course, i meaned trigger.

Level 2
Event:
Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
Condition:
(Player 5(Yellow) controller)Equal to computer

and I'm not sure with the action part. I've tried the trigger: Unit - create unit facing angle, then order them to move, but then the unit would only come out every 5 minutes. And I had a thought about turning the first spawning trigger off, then turn on another one that has an extra unit spawned. But there would be a limit then. Is there a way to make it so that an extra unit could be spawned forever?

Level 9
ok i havnt got wc installed but ill try say it clearly as i can

first of all have the trigger disabled, then make another trigger to enable it after a certain amount of time and make the disabled trigger just like every other spawn

Level 2
I kind of don't get it. How does it work? Does that give one extra footman to spawn after certain amount of time? And does it works contiuously? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :?

Level 9
Code:
Untitled Trigger 003
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create (Integer) Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Rect 059 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
        Set Integer = (Integer + 2)
The variable is an integer. This trigger leaks, but it should work.
Make a region, an integer variable, and a few more regions to control the path of the units. If you make the variable at the beginning 3, then in 30 seconds it will create 3, 30 more seconds makes 5, 30 more makes 7, etc.

Level 7
if you are as new as you say this post should help. For that integer/variable that the previous post says, youll have to make another trigger thats happens at lets say 900 seconds

events: elapsed game time = to 900 secs

conditions: whatever

aactions: set variable (ammount of footmen) to 5 or 7 or w/e.

Hope this helps

Level 2
I am sorry, but I still don't get it. I am very sorry because I'm sure it's very annoying to have someone asking the same thing many times. But what is an integer? Does that mean variable??? And the variable(amount of footmen) thing, am I suppose to make a new variable on an amout of footman? because I really don't know how to make one.
This is my trigger that I use:
Code:
WaveFootman
  Events
     Time - Every 50.00 secinds of game time
  Conditions
     (Player 5(Yellow) controller)Equal to computer
  Actions
     Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of BarracksArcher<gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
     Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of BlackCitadel<gen>)
And what am I suppose to do after that?
:? :? :?

Level 22
u need two triggers

1)
events:
(what u want, maybe after u finish an upgrade or after an amount of time)
conditions: -----
actions: set 'boolean type variable' is 'true' (at map init set it to 'false')

2)
events: every XXX sec of the game
conditions: ----
actions:
ur normal spawns
if,then,else:
if: 'boolean type variable' = true, then create the extra unit, else do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.