• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm kinda new, so please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys...I saw your website and I think it's the best. That's why I'm here to ask.

I'm working on a DotA like map, but I need help. I configured almost everything, but I do not know how to make these things:

1. -allrandom (-ar) mode
2. -itemdrop (-id) mode
3. -allpick (-ap) mode

4. Also, I made the recepies, the items that the recepies will lead to, but how do I make when someone takes the chosen items to have a receipe, I mean the greater and powerful weapon (receipe)? In fact, I do not know how to make receipe items.

5. And please...can anyone tell me how do I change the LOADING Screen when my map starts? At the moment, I've set it to Credits (Blizzard's). But I want to put my own picture...how do I do that?

6. Also, if you have played DoTa, you'll notice that when you choose hero, the Tavern becomes unavailable for training another hero, but you are able to revive your hero there. Any suggestions how do I do that?

Please help me..I count this community the best..

Thank you..
Vengeance

Level 24
I count this community the best
a large portion of this community actively hates DotA for a large number of reasons that aren't just "IMBA IMBA IMBA". anyways for randoming assign a number to each hero then have it generate a random number for each player then set something to show that the number is used (like in bingo after a number is rolled out of the cage thing it's put onto the wooden thing and isn't in the random group anymore)
changing the loading screen might be on a tutorial somewhere but loads of ppl know how to do it

Level 40
for allpick ( lets take DotA's tavern example ) you can just create the "circle of power" things that allow you to choose heroes from the taverns at each side's tavern, allowing you to buy a hero from both!

Teh_Ephy explaned AR well.

Itemdrop is just

Events
Unit - A Unit Dies
Conditions
Triggering Unit is a Hero equal to True
Actions
Order Triggering Unit to drop Item in slot ( random integer number between 1 and 6 ) )

this SHOULD work, but i havent tested it ^^

---g2g, will update some more later---

Level 16
Ok so i made those by myself once and it's quite simple. First -allrandom mode. M

Make Varriable ModeBool (Boolean) that cheks if player has alraedy selected mode and set it's default value to false.

Make Hero integer varriable called HEROINT (or something) and for eachnumber u must assign different hero (example: 1 - Pit LOrd, 2 - Medusa, 3 - Tauren Chieftain, etc.),

Make trigger called, idon't know, ALLRANDOM or something and in it make event
chat message player 1 enter chat message -allrandom as an exact match
cond:
ModeBool not equal to true
Actions:
set ModeBool=True
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions):
If/then/else
cond.:
Player Slot Status Comparison - ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) equal to Is playing
then:
Set HEROINT=(Random number between 1 and (number of heroes))
If/then/else
cond.:
HEROINT=1
then:
Create 1 Pit Lord for (Player((Integer A))), at (some your location) facing (some angle of yours).
else
(leave blank, and don't type anyhting)
If/then/else
cond.:
HEROINT=2
then:
Create 1 Medusa for (Player((Integer A))), at (some your location) facing (some angle of yours).
else
If/then/else
cond.:
HEROINT=3
then:
Create 1 Tauren Chieftain for (Player((Integer A))), at (some your location) facing (some angle of yours).
else
else
do nothing

If this wasn't clear enough i could make u an allrandom system, aswel as allpick and itemdrop.

Level 40
argh, yeah, i hate DotA too, but that doesnt mean i hate ALL AoS maps...

hmm, lets see, update

(for the recipies)

unit acquires an item

item = XXX

if unit has item YYY and item ZZZ then remove items ZZZ and YYY and add item AAA.

Loading Screen - DL the War3Model editor. once u get it working, go to Extras - Create Load screen and follow the instructions. next, import it like any other model, and finally, go to Map Preferences - Loading Screen and choose the model.

Finally, just make it so that when you buy a hero, it limits training of (all heroes) to 0, but the tavern can revive heroes ( that part is in the object editor )

and low-life and teifi, there IS a flame DotA thread :p

Level 40
allright, then, howabout this

Custom Script: local boolean b = false
set int = Random number between 1 and 6

Custom Script: loop
Custom Script: exitwhen b == true
if Type of Item In Slot ( int ) Not Equal to No Item then
Custom Script: set b = true
Order xxx to Drop item in slot int
else
set int = random number between 1 and 6
(end of if/then statement)
Custom Script: endloop

the If/Then may be incorrect, seeing as i havent used GUI in ages, so im not exactly sure how many options it has :?. if it doesnt, tell me and i can write a JASS script that WILL work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.