• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help (...) {stopping town hall and peasants spawn / creating objectives}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:confused: hmm I'm having trouble with many things.
-How do i stop the automatic spawning of town hall and suchlike?
-How do i make Objectives in a campaign?
-And some models when i import they don't work and they say they do and other people use them so what's with that?

Please Help -.-

Level 19
Here is ur answer about the models.

When u import a model some of the model use custom paths.

Like this i imported this model NazgulRider - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

And if u scroll down u see Import the skins to the following paths:
Textures\NazgulRider.blp (Then u have to change the name of the blp file to that name) Then it works dont forget to restart ur world editor Gl and hf m8.

And what u mean with automatic spawning of town hall and suchlike?

and Objectives what do u mean explain more so i understand.

Level 9
Here is ur answer about the models.

When u import a model some of the model use custom paths.

Like this i imported this model NazgulRider - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

And if u scroll down u see Import the skins to the following paths:
Textures\NazgulRider.blp (Then u have to change the name of the blp file to that name) Then it works dont forget to restart ur world editor Gl and hf m8.

And what u mean with automatic spawning of town hall and suchlike?

and Objectives what do u mean explain more so i understand.

When he says Objectives, he means your Objective. Like "Kill Mal'Ganis" or "Open the Silvermoon Gate" or "Destroy Dalaran"

In order to create an Objective (Quest) you have to use a trigger. To make one, do the following. A simple one is:

Trigger3.JPG

When your player completes his mission (like killing a Peasent) you do:

Trigger.JPG

Of course you'll change it around to match your needs.

In order to complete the Objective (Quest), you do:

Trigger2.JPG

Once again, change it to what you'd like it to be.

Level 8
I love this sites resource section, it provides you to a link that tells you how to import that particular model you are attempting to get. For the model you used as example, the 'not sure how to import this model' link takes you to this page:

How to import the model NazgulRider

I bet the problem you are having is the area where:
"double click the box "Use Custom Path" and type in the correct path:"

You need the following name:

Textures\NazgulRider.blp

Instead of the "War3 imported map......" name.

Mind this is an auto-generated link, thus it covers both doodads and units. You do not need a portrait image for units (that face image in the interface, or the talking head in cinematic). Yeah most of us who first did this hunted and hunted for portrait image under units. LOL

What ever your project is what ever you are thinking about doing, put it on hold.

I strongly suggest you download unprotected maps, campaigns and the like - there are many here. open them up in the editor, and look at the triggers and how things are done by the author.

You may do anything you like to an unprotected map EXCEPT upload it as your own. Thus you can go through the triggers, modify them, experiment and test the map to see what happens when you do whatever you do.

I assure you that the lessons you learn in this manner are, albeit hard won, but worth the effort, time and energy you spend.

In all honesty if you do not know how to change a melee map, remove the victory conditions, town hall spawning and what not - your no where's near ready to start a campaign map.

Status
Not open for further replies.