• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

please help me out people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i dont really get this, do u need to make a new skin first? before making a model i mean?

and, does making a model include giving arthas black hair, or making a dwarf with a red face? if so can someone explain this?

and what if i want to create a model that doesnt look like any of the already-existing models? (like arthas, soldiers, elfs and dwarfs)

thanks in advance

Level 22
Editing the model always comes before skinning it, that goes for both making one from scratch or editing an existing one.

Making a model with the only changes being stuff like color variations in the hair or skin color makes it what you would call a "skin model." Typically if you want to make small changes like that, you don't need to edit a model, just edit the skin.

I don't get your last question. Do you mean build one from scratch?
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.