• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please Help - Getting an object to use the Troll Berserker model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello :-] My first post on these forums, hurrah for me!

Anyway, I've been working on my own map for a while now, and I've come across a bit of a nuisance. I'm trying to get a Tower (my map is a TD) to use the Troll Berserker model, but no matter what I do it -always- just uses the default Headhunter model instead.

I've even done a pretty much direct port of all the Art fields from the Headhunter to the Tower (the Art fields that both Structures and Units share, anyway), but to no avail.

I did some looking around, and found the War3 Model Editor - Very dandy little program, and had a look around. By following the path:

War3x.MPQ -> Units -> Orc -> Headhunter -> Headhunter_V1.mdx

and opening this file, I can see that the model shown is the Headhunter -and- the Berserker kinda 'fused' into one, so I tried using the Required Animation Names:

upgrade
second

since know that you can do this with the "Paladin, Admiral Proudmoore, Dargren the Orcslayer (etc)" model in order to get Admiral Proudmoore to show up, but this doesnt want to work either.

So, I've had to come to my last resort. I know how annoying it is when noobs like me post these kind of questions on forums, but as I've shown, I did try to research a solution myself before posting here, so please don't flame me ^^'

Basically, what I'm asking is, can anyone help me get the Berserker model to be used right off the bat (ie, in the World Editor) please :-]? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance,
Jazziy.

Status
Not open for further replies.