• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Playing portrait talk animation without hiding HP and mana and showing message

Level 25
I want to play talk animation for the portrait of a unit without hiding the HP and mana and without sending any text when the sub titles are enabled. Is this possible? I am using
JASS:
SetCinematicScene
Even when I pass null as text, it seems to move the latest ingame message one row to the top.

It would be fine if I could access the portrait model via frame natives and force a talk animation.

I have tried
JASS:
call BlzFrameSetSpriteAnimate(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT, 0), 1, 0)
which does not work. Is there any way to play the talk animation of the portrait without these annoying side effects?

It would be really useful for this system: Baradé's Unit Sound Sets 1.0

edit:
It seems not to work with the origin frame portrait but with a custom frame on top of the origin fram portrait.
I will try to create a fake portrait frame and you have to rename the portrait model's animation into one of the known animation names for sprites: The Big UI-Frame Tutorial

JASS:
// birth = 0
// death = 1
// stand = 2
// morph = 3
// alternate = 4
call BlzFrameSetSpriteAnimate(model, 3, 0)

Basically, I modify the portrait model and call the talk animations "morph 1", morph 2" etc.

Last edited: