• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Players Properties,Forces,etc not working on big maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi I have a map with a lot of content and trying to change Forces but I can not access the Players Properties or any related to it like Forces properties, world editor do not respond after i try one of this options even after hours.
I can do it in others maps so it is not the computer or my warcraft the problem is the map.
So any ideas that are not imported all to a new map??

You should consider looking into another syntax for scripting, jass/vjass/gui are all bad for dealing with lots of data. I know there's some where you load the data externally and import it into the map when your done everything else making it easier to create maps of the size your trying. I suggest taking a look at Wurst to see if you can understand it otherwise I am sure there's some others as well. Though with Vjass you could create all the object data after your done the rest if your editor still continues to work afterwards.

Level 5
Thanks for the advices Dat-C3

Why do you need upgrades with 100 levels? Doesn't it sort of affect gameplay in a bad way?

It cause a minilag only the first time is upgraded if it have 1000 levels or more and that is on an average computer, a very good computer didn't feel it.

Having abilites with more than 4(?) levels does increase loading time a LOT.

Not if the unit is not in the map yet when game started, Im not using abilities with high level right now like 100 or more, an ability with this amount of level will cause a big lag when the unit that have this ability enter to the game even if is a dummy unit, its cause so much lag that will look like the game freeze, but there is not to much different in units with level 4 abilities and a little more, example level 9 like is in my map, units with level 4 abilities will still cause lag when they enter to the game.

Level 7
I would not recommend the massive level of abilities.

Perhaps you could tell us about some of the abilities and we can sort out a trigger that uses less abilities.

Eg. Have a dummy research ability/upgrade which increase a variable by 1.

Level 7
There are only a few things that can be achieved through upgrades only. You should be able to trigger all the other stuff. DO you just have increase damage, HP, defense and simple stuff like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.