• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

PlayerGroup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I made this variable:
  • Set PlayerGroup = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))
And this Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to CenterOfRegion[3]
      • Unit - Make (Sold unit) face (Selling unit) over 0.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select (Sold unit) for (Owner of (Sold unit))
      • Unit - Add Chat speed to (Sold unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Chat speed for (Sold unit) to 4
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Sold unit): Add 4 points
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to PointBetweenUnits over 0.50 seconds
In the Trigger i'm using (All Players) and works great, but wanted to use variables to prevent leaks, the thing is: if i change (All Players) for the PickedGroup variable, doesn't works. Creates the hero, but doesn't move it to the region, neither removes buying units, etc...

Level 20
Here's the whole trigger. I've already modified it a bit (removing the group). But I want to know how to improve this trigger. (all the multiboard actions are a conversation)

• Hero Selection and Multiboard Settings
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Sold unit))
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to CenterOfRegion[3]
      • Unit - Pause (Sold unit)
      • Unit - Add Chat speed to (Sold unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Chat speed for (Sold unit) to 4
      • Selection - Select (Sold unit) for (Owner of (Sold unit))
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Sold unit): Add 4 points
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to CenterOfRegion[2] over 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Make (Selling unit) face (Sold unit) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Make (Sold unit) face (Selling unit) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Set (Owner of (Sold unit))'s camera Distance to target to 1200.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to |cffffd700Gsu'h|r:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Hey sexy boy, look ...
      • Wait (Real((Level of Chat speed for (Sold unit)))) seconds
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to :$ ¿?
      • Cinematic - Flash a speech indicator for (Sold unit) of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to I'm |cffffd700Gsu'...
      • Cinematic - Flash a speech indicator for (Selling unit) of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to God granted you the...
      • Cinematic - Flash a speech indicator for (Selling unit) of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to :O OMG. Really?
      • Cinematic - Flash a speech indicator for (Sold unit) of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to OH YOUR GOD ;). Yea...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to I don't want to tak...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Begin with |cffffd7...
      • Animation - Play (Selling unit)'s morph animation
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Good Bye! Have a ni...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Thanks Gsu'h!
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to CenterOfRegion[3] over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set (Owner of (Sold unit))'s camera Distance to target to 2000.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause (Sold unit)
BTW, offtopic, i'd like to know how to set the white circle flash under a unit, so the player know who's talking. I though it was "Flash a speech indicator" but i see no circle..

Level 20
What effect you mean?, The White Selection Flash Circle?, How do I place it "Beneath"?

And: ok, thanks, i'll use "All players". Anyway, I doubt any computer would pick a hero xD, not even having the hero chooser.
I didn't find the way to do it as Player Group. The hero was getting added 4 points per Player in group.

Level 20
Its the right function.

Cinematic - Flash a speech indicator for (Selling unit) of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

It flashes a white circle under the unit.

Level 20
No, it worked :p I did test and it's there, that's already solved :p I was playing around with it and suddenly appeared :p Maybe i just didn't see it the first time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.