• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable races question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there any way to have 8 playable races? Like Adding TToR to Wc3, there by getting: Lizardmen, Fairies(Wood Elves), Night Elves, Undead, Humans, Orcs, Trolls and Demons(Choas), in one map...?

How about reaching even higher numbers?

I'm not promoting TToR just useing them as an example.

Level 17
You can do it by triggers and selecting the race when you get in to the game but other than that, there are no easy ways of doing it. I have heard that it is possible though by using naga and creep as a base for a new race but I'm no master of such things so I can't say for sure.

Level 2
Custom Races

Baraborn said:
Is there any way to have 8 playable races? Like Adding TToR to Wc3, there by getting: Lizardmen, Fairies(Wood Elves), Night Elves, Undead, Humans, Orcs, Trolls and Demons(Choas), in one map...?

How about reaching even higher numbers?

I'm not promoting TToR just useing them as an example.

RightField said:
You can do it by triggers and selecting the race when you get in to the game but other than that, there are no easy ways of doing it.

I before was thinking upon the idea of adding extra races myself. The first thing I noticed the problem would be the race selection. What I had in mind was have a dialog open up a few seconds after the game has begun, just as RightField has suggested, (with no bases placed, and the default melee triggers not set yet... so nobody gets 'defeat' by having no buildings), where everyone has 30 seconds to select their race. Then after the 30 seconds has passed, the game starts as normally (with triggers to place the main base buildings for each race they have selected) and the default melee triggers are set in place.

Now on creating the races themselves, the best information I can give is to look at the map:

"\Warcraft 3\Maps\Frozen Throne\Scenario\(4)Monolith.w3x"

This is a map that came with the Frozen Throne, created by Blizzard, that actually has "Creep Races". This map also has detailed and commented Triggers which should help you a bunch.

RightField said:
I have heard that it is possible though by using naga and creep as a base for a new race but I'm no master of such things so I can't say for sure.

RightField is correct, and this is actually one of the things mentioned in the commented triggers under "Limiting Custom Hero Training".

I hope this helps, and good luck with your races. :)

-Q3DM17er

Status
Not open for further replies.